Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is nvidia.fixup.patch.kext? The EFI folder that I posted already had Lilu.kext installed.
Yes.
Are you sure you are getting graphics acceleration?
Yes. I tried playing some games on Steam, and it's OK. Some frame drops, but it's OK.

LE: I attached a video made with my phone. I don't know of you can see it, but there are some white shadows of buttons occurring when moving windows. Same happens to the text.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2019-05-28 at 23.01.54.mp4.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 157
High CPU Temperature Issue (Fixed):
To anyone who has faced the same issue as I did. My build:
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
Corsair H110i
MSI GTX 1070
Intel 6600K

Followed Stork's guide and it was very helpful in getting up from the ground.
However, because I have a liquid cooler (Corsair H110i), and I installed FakeSMC_Plugins and HWMonitor as the documentation here says, the CPU temperatures run very high in 90s after sometime. Fans run high but not able to curb the high temperatures. Overtime with minimal to moderate CPU utilization, the temperatures run in 90C and thermal throttle at high CPU utilization.

The issue is with FakeSMC_Plugins specifically LPCSensors.kext.
This is an open issue and documented here: https://github.com/kozlekek/HWSensors/issues/363

Fix:
As Stork mentions it's optional plugin, simply do not select that in the MultiBeast if you're to run into this.

Thanks.

Any advice for my ghosting problem?
It gets really annoying. Expecially when reading and scrolling text...
I always notice when using the HDMI on either GTX 980 Ti or 1080Ti. I would get a ghosting effect and the screen didn’t behave correctly. I then used the DisplayPort and have never noticed it again. I cant watch your video to see if its the same but if you can use display port on the card and monitor you might get the results I did.

I always notice when using the HDMI on either GTX 980 Ti or 1080Ti. I would get a ghosting effect and the screen didn’t behave correctly. I then used the DisplayPort and have never noticed it again. I cant watch your video to see if its the same but if you can use display port on the card and monitor you might get the results I did.
I'm already using a DP cable.
I guess I'll have to try out the HDMI cable.

LE: Just tried it out. It's even worse with HDMI...

Last edited:
Hope I can ask my question here. First: Thanks for your guide and sharing everything!

I'm trying to get this to work on my Maximus VIII Hero, but did everything you posted. Multiple times, but I'm always getting stuck on booting into the installer. And the strange thing is, it's always a different message. I'm going to try again tonight, I guess, but the thing that get's my attention is that it always says: waiting on <dict id="0" .....

The weird thing is that it also states that it mounted on UUID .... right above it.

I tried Mojave, and now I get the same results with a newly made High Sierra installer. When I put the same USB key in my laptop (where I'm running El Capitan, still), it boots straight into the installer. Which makes me think that there is something in my BIOS that is not set right. I've ran through the settings multiple times now, and everything should be fine. I even tried to disable USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 ports, but that didn't make a difference.

I have to say, I have an overclocked i7-6700K, and my memory runs at 3600MHz (G.Skill Trident Z), but everything is stable. I can play games with it in Windows 10, etc.

Graphics is RTX 2080, but I also tried it without the RTX in the system, just using the onboard Intel GPU. But that didn't make a difference.

BIOS is the latest version, BTW. And I tried multiple USB ports. Also using a USB 2.0 stick, and it's in the USB 2.0 ports. Will post screenshots later. :)

Time to define my USB ports with a SSDT so I'm not at the mercy of someone coming up with a config.plist patch for unlimited USB ports for each new version of macOS. Here's how I did it with the help of @pastrychef and @Feartech.

Make sure all your USB ports are enabled. (The MultiBeast Remove XHCI USB Port Limit option.) Also, you're using USBInjectAll.kext. (The MultiBeast USB USBInjectAll.kext option.) Both MultiBeast Options are shown above.
1. Get Hackintool and run it..
2. Click on the USB tab.
3. Plug and unplug a USB 2 device to each and every USB port on your computer.
Plug and unplug a USB 3 device to each and every USB port on your computer. (Note: USB 3 ports will count as two.) Here is what I came up with for my USB use with the Fernvi T919 Bluetooth and case headers.
4. Select all the non green (white) lines, like the HS03 & HS04, etc., and use the Delete key to remove them.

5. Click on the button shown to generate your USB files.

6. Hackintool will place three files on your Desktop: SSDT-USBX.aml, SSDT-UIAC.aml and USBPorts.kext. You only need to use either the SSDTs or the kext, not both. I choose to use the SSDTs which I put (drag and drop) into /EFI/.../CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder.
7. Remove the 15 port unlimited patches from the /EFI/.../CLOVER/config.plist file.
8. Now reboot.
9. Use IORegister to confirm your successful limit to 15 or under USB assignments.

10. Lastly, remove the SSDT and kext from your Desktop. I put them in my /Applications/Hackintosh/SSDT/ folder and deleted the kext.

That's it. Enjoy!:thumbup: :clap:

Attachments

• 1564415991989.png
    1564415991989.png
    250.9 KB · Views: 18,955
  • 1564417296422.png
    1564417296422.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 18,936
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 12.27.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 12.27.32 PM.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 18,682
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 11.33.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 11.33.11 AM.png
    118 KB · Views: 18,824
Last edited:
Time to define my USB ports with a SSDT so I'm not at the mercy of someone coming up with a config.plist patch for unlimited USB ports for each new version of macOS. Here's how I did it with the help of @pastrychef and @Feartech.

Make sure all your USB ports are enabled.
1. Get Hackintool and run it..
2. Click on the USB tab.
3. Plug and unplug a USB 2 device to each and every USB port on your computer.
Plug and unplug a USB 3 device to each and every USB port on your computer. (Note: USB 3 ports will count as two.) Here is what I came up with for my USB use with the Fernvi T919 Bluetooth and case headers.
4. Select all the non green (white) lines, like the HS03 & HS04, etc., and use the Delete key to remove them.

5. Click on the button shown to generate your USB files.

6. Hackintool will place three files on your Desktop: SSDT-USBX.aml, SSDT-UIAC.aml and USBPorts.kext. You only need to use either the SSDTs or the kext, not both. I choose to use the SSDTs which I put (drag and drop) into /EFI/.../CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder.
7. Now reboot.
8. Use IORegister to confirm your successful limit to 15 or under USB assignments.

9. Lastly, remove the SSDT and kext from your Desktop. I put them in my /Applications/Hackintosh/SSDT/ folder and deleted the kext.

That's it. Enjoy!:thumbup: :clap:
don't forget to mention that you still need USBInjectAll.kext if you use the SSDT's :)

don't forget to mention that you still need USBInjectAll.kext if you use the SSDT's :)
That's part of Post #1 MultiBeast choices. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back