Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

I've just installed High Sierra on almost the same configuration, but I couldn't get some things working as it should.

First of all, the MultiBeast settings mentioned in post#1 did not work for me. I have no graphics; apfs.efi wouldn't get installed by default; and Clover could not detect my partitions.

Now I managed somehow to get it working by trial and error but I have no audio devices detected(only USB Logitech gaming headset is seen by OS) and graphics are not at its best (screen tearing and fonts from opened windows leave white shadows when windows are moved).

I will upload the config.plist with my settings. Bear in mind that I am not a pro in hackintoshing. Thank you!

Attachments

• config.plist
    20.6 KB · Views: 178
Hello guys,

I've just installed High Sierra on almost the same configuration, but I couldn't get some things working as it should.

First of all, the MultiBeast settings mentioned in post#1 did not work for me. I have no graphics; apfs.efi wouldn't get installed by default; and Clover could not detect my partitions.

Now I managed somehow to get it working by trial and error but I have no audio devices detected(only USB Logitech gaming headset is seen by OS) and graphics are not at its best (screen tearing and fonts from opened windows leave white shadows when windows are moved).

I will upload the config.plist with my settings. Bear in mind that I am not a pro in hackintoshing. Thank you!
Hey Chester - thankfully I had some help, really, lots of help - cos I have no idea about it at all. BUT - now I find that I cannot do an install from Time Machine to get my data from my older Mac to my new hackintosh. Still waiting for some advice on that. I am developing a plan, but reckon others here have done that before, and I would like to know what they have done.

I am in Australia - and could not access all the same items.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (2x8GB) 2400 DDR4 (BLS2K8G4D240FSB) x2 Intel i7-8700K Coffee Lake Processor
Noctua NH-D15S, Premium Dual-Tower CPU Cooler with NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fan
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB Graphics Card
Corsair RM750X 750 Watt, fully modular Power Supply
Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi/Bluetooth 4 PCIe Card - Handoff and Continuity
SYBA Low Profile PCI-Express 1394B/A Firewire Card Model SD-PEX30009 LG CD/DVD Burner Model GH22NS70
Lian Li PC-A05FNB Computer Case

Got an SSD and a HDD - but the case would not take the air cooler, so I had to get another that would: Coolermaster SILENCIO 652 Case, 3 fans, cable management, w/o PSU

Once I get it all working and my data transferred, I will be back to examine errors that I made, and how they were over-come.

Hello guys,

I'm visiting family so will not be able to help you at the moment. But, I'll looked at your config.plist and saw several things that didn't look right. But, I can't compare your config.plist with my config.plist at the moment. In the config.plist's KernelAndKextPatches, the #ATIConnectorsData and #ATIConnectorsPatch parameters don't look right. Maybe @pastrychef can jump in here to bring his experience to your problem. (TIA, @pastrychef.)

Hello guys,

You have enabled a lot of ACPI fixes in the config.plist. I don't think most are needed for this motherboard. Please post your entire EFI folder and a screen shot of what you have in /Library/Extensions/.

Thank you guys for your replies.

I attach here the zipped EFI folder and a printscreen of /Library/Extensions/

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot 2019-05-27_17-52-14-268.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-27_17-52-14-268.png
    195.6 KB · Views: 135
Thank you guys for your replies.

I attach here the zipped EFI folder and a printscreen of /Library/Extensions/

Please try the attached EFI folder.

I recommend putting this EFI folder on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from the USB flash drive to test fist. If everything is working, you can replace the EFI folder on the EFI partition of your main system drive.

If you use this EFI folder, you should delete the following from /Library/Extensions/:
AppleALC.kext
Lilu.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
All the FakeSMC kexts.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.9 MB · Views: 174
@pastrychef,
Thank you for your reply.
I tried your fix but now it does not pass the clover.
Right after I select macOS from Clover I get a blank screen with 2 lines of following:
Code:
Start
Start OSName
_

Hmm... Weird... Please try this one.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18 MB · Views: 184
Hmm... Weird... Please try this one.
I just did a fresh install and added EFI folder you provided.
Everything is working now but graphics are now gone.
OS version is now 17G66(no web drivers for it) and on graphics I have Display 5MB.

Could this be an NVRAM problem? - How can I solve this?

LE:
The OS version changed to the last one after a security update.
After that I could install the nVidia Web Driver, but after restart, black screen! So I booted with nv_disabled=1 and I installed lilo.kext and nvidia.fixup.patch.kext.
Now everything is ok.

Thank you for your replies!

The only problem that I still have is the refresh rate and some screen tearing.

Last edited:
I just did a fresh install and added EFI folder you provided.
Everything is working now but graphics are now gone.
OS version is now 17G66(no web drivers for it) and on graphics I have Display 5MB.

Could this be an NVRAM problem? - How can I solve this?

LE:
The OS version changed to the last one after a security update.
After that I could install the nVidia Web Driver, but after restart, black screen! So I booted with nv_disabled=1 and I installed lilo.kext and nvidia.fixup.patch.kext.
Now everything is ok.

Thank you for your replies!

The only problem that I still have is the refresh rate and some screen tearing.

Z170 has working NVRAM. Nothing to solve.

That is nvidia.fixup.patch.kext? The EFI folder that I posted already had Lilu.kext installed.

Are you sure you are getting graphics acceleration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back