Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you guys can chime in and make this as painless as possible. Since my build has pretty much followed this from the early days. Its time to operate on mine. My Vega 64 arrives tomorrow. Since I am working fine with the 1080 Ti, but FCPX as my main use for the Hackintosh, I'm going to a AMD but chose the Vega as my new MacBook Pro has the Vega 20 in it and works great with FCPX. I know to remove Nvidia from system. Also uncheck use Nvidia web in Clover. What else. I know this is more towards the graphics forum but wanna stick with whats so close to my build. Im just looking to make this painless as my system works perfectly. Thanks all. And also I have already change SMBIOS to a iMac pro.

I hope you guys can chime in and make this as painless as possible. Since my build has pretty much followed this from the early days. Its time to operate on mine. My Vega 64 arrives tomorrow. Since I am working fine with the 1080 Ti, but FCPX as my main use for the Hackintosh, I'm going to a AMD but chose the Vega as my new MacBook Pro has the Vega 20 in it and works great with FCPX. I know to remove Nvidia from system. Also uncheck use Nvidia web in Clover. What else. I know this is more towards the graphics forum but wanna stick with whats so close to my build. Im just looking to make this painless as my system works perfectly. Thanks all. And also I have already change SMBIOS to a iMac pro.
@pastrychef can provide you with some more insight as swapped out his 1080 for a Vega 56. I'm hanging there with my GTX 960 on High Sierra to 10.14.3 is released, and them I'll make a decision to stay with the GTX 960 or move to the AMD side.

@pastrychef can provide you with some more insight as swapped out his 1080 for a Vega 56. I'm hanging there with my GTX 960 on High Sierra to 10.14.3 is released, and them I'll make a decision to stay with the GTX 960 or move to the AMD side.
Well just so for anyone else with this setup it was plug and play. Remove the Nvidia junk and cuda. Then search in spotlight for nvidia dump all that to trash and empty. Remove nvidia web from clover. Shutdown. Remove nvidia. Pop in Vega. Turn on and enjoy pure FCPX rendering heaven.

Please try this config.plist. Also, make sure you have the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen.

I had to create new Serial for you because your SMBIOS section was devoid of a lot of info.
Thank you very much pastrychef.
You have also help me with your config.file.
Since I have been getting hardware acceleration,I have not been able to open final cut pro,it's always quit unexpectedly.
But now I can open it and work with it.
More grace,more ideas in 2019.
And more money in your account.

My mobo is haswell.
Intel core i7 4770k
Gigabyte z97m - ud5h
Amd Rx580
32gb ram
Ssd 1tb.

I use it media encoding..
But if you still have support for me please do.
Happy New year.

Thank you very much pastrychef.
You have also help me with your config.file.
Since I have been getting hardware acceleration,I have not been able to open final cut pro,it's always quit unexpectedly.
But now I can open it and work with it.
More grace,more ideas in 2019.
And more money in your account.

My mobo is haswell.
Intel core i7 4770k
Gigabyte z97m - ud5h
Amd Rx580
32gb ram
Ssd 1tb.

I use it media encoding..
But if you still have support for me please do.
Happy New year.

i7-4770K and Z97M are off topic for this thread... Please start a new thread and I'll try to help as best I can.

Hello Stork, thanks for an amazing guide I have the same exact processor and motherboard and successfully installed high Sierra, but when I turn on the power the hard drive doesn't boot automatically into the EUFI drive that the OS is installed on I have to always manually go from the bios > boot menu > select other OS drive before I get into my hackintosh. Also I have a Nvidia gtx 980 that I installed the web driver before restarting the system after the installation and it isn't being recognized. I also get a couple fan error when the bios loads. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20190104_173235_1.jpg
    IMG_20190104_173235_1.jpg
    8.7 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20190104_174156.jpg
    IMG_20190104_174156.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20190104_174306.jpg
    IMG_20190104_174306.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20190104_174428.jpg
    IMG_20190104_174428.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20190104_170140.jpg
    IMG_20190104_170140.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20190104_173507.jpg
    IMG_20190104_173507.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 71
P.S not sure if it caused an issue, but, when I created the UniBeast drive, I didn't select inject Nvidia graphics, because I was going to install Nvidia drivers before restarting after the main installation.

@WarMachine,
It looks like you didn't choose the MultiBeast option as I recommended in Post #1:
Bootloaders -> Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM​

Your UniBeast choice was correct. The Inject > Nvidia is for older cards as the explanation states.

@WarMachine,
It looks like you didn't choose the MultiBeast option as I recommended in Post #1:
Bootloaders -> Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM​

Your UniBeast choice was correct. The Inject > Nvidia is for older cards as the explanation states.
@Stork Thanks for your response, I actually took a picture of my MultiBeast settings, and I did select Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM. I also noticed an "A0 q code" on the board after I updated the BIOS; I'm going to clear the CMOS and set all the BIOS settings again. I fixed the CPU fan error by placing it in the correct port on the board. As for the Nvidia GTX 980, I read I should only plug it in after the web driver is installed. I had it plugged in the whole time during the High Sierra install.

Attachments

• IMG_20190104_154153.jpg
    IMG_20190104_154153.jpg
    386.1 KB · Views: 121
@WarMachine, I've never removed my Nvidia GTX cards when I did an install. So, don't go through the effort to take out and reinstall the GTX 980.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back