Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that 10.3.3 is out, when you think we will be able to see your guide? :D

Thanks in advance.
Over the next couple of days. High Sierra is driving me nuts as I try to get my audio to work correctly.

Hi Stork,

Are you building MyHero II with a clean install of HS or moving over your Sierra drive from MyHero and upgrading?

I'm also building a new Hack based on this same Mobo. I won't be keeping my Sierra Hack, moving my 960PRO SSD boot drive to the new build. I can't decided whether to do the HS upgrade in my current Hack or later in the new one. Any advice or experience you have had would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Stork,

Are you building MyHero II with a clean install of HS or moving over your Sierra drive from MyHero and upgrading?

I'm also building a new Hack based on this same Mobo. I won't be keeping my Sierra Hack, moving my 960PRO SSD boot drive to the new build. I can't decided whether to do the HS upgrade in my current Hack or later in the new one. Any advice or experience you have had would be appreciated.

Thanks
I am doing a clean install on MyHero II to test the clean install method for 10.13.3. However, I can't get audio to work. So, until I can figure out the problem with audio, I'm not exploring the option you mentioned. See pastrychef's build description for his ASUS Z370-G as he moved his Gene build drive to the G system.

Hi,

My USB3 isn't working after updating to 10.12.6. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same setup ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 2.50.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 2.50.50 PM.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 134
Hi,

My USB3 isn't working after updating to 10.12.6. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same setup ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K

Thanks!!
Take a look of the USB kexts in /Library/Extensions/ and check for updates. First place to check for the latest versions are in the Downloads > Kexts section of the Downloads drop down menu at the top of the page. Then, check at the kext owners' web sites.

MyHero didn't have that problem.

Broadcom iMac wireless/Bluetooth 4 card

Hi Stork, it's been impossible to find this Broadcom card here in Brazil. Is there another one that would work on a Hackintosh? Thanks a million for your feedback!

Hi Stork, it's been impossible to find this Broadcom card here in Brazil. Is there another one that would work on a Hackintosh? Thanks a million for your feedback!
Indeed! The Broadcom macOS compatible card(s) are hard to find and expensive when you find them. Unfortunately, I don't know of a substitute. So, you'll have to check the Network forum section > https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/network.15/

I am doing a clean install on MyHero II to test the clean install method for 10.13.3. However, I can't get audio to work. So, until I can figure out the problem with audio, I'm not exploring the option you mentioned. See pastrychef's build description for his ASUS Z370-G as he moved his Gene build drive to the G system.
Looking forward to see if you get audio working in HS. I have the same system basically and couldn't find a way to get audio working in HS. Hopefully it can be solved!

Looking forward to see if you get audio working in HS. I have the same system basically and couldn't find a way to get audio working in HS. Hopefully it can be solved!
Got the audio to work (See MyHero II build description, link in signature block). It turns out that it was my error. I assumed that the ROG X HERO motherboard used the ALC1220a codec. Nope, it uses the ALC1220 (no "a"). So, life is good with respect to audio. However, I can't recommend High Sierra 10.13.3 - still too immature, IMO - and am looking forward to the 10.13.4 release.

Hi Stork! I have a question about your install guide: you're using a SSDT for your i7 6700K processor, but I've read that you don't actually need to generate a SSDT file for any Intel processors that are Haswell or later. All that needs to be done is to set xcmp and PluginType flags in Clover Configurator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back