Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stork, any guide for upgrading to High Sierra? I think there are some things that change and it would be a very appreciated idea.
I won't upgrade MyHero until at least 10.13.3. High Sierra is not ready for prime time IMO. I've, naturally, made HS test builds, but I won't update the OP until Apple gets the major bugs worked out.

Have you a running hackintosh? Hard to tell. Please provide complete details in your Profile.
Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)​
See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

rivlez, did you install RehabMan's CodecCommander kext in /L/E/ folder with Kext Beast as I described in Post #1?

Had to set permissions for the kexts for some reason and now it's fine.

Hi Stork, any guide for upgrading to High Sierra? I think there are some things that change and it would be a very appreciated idea.

The graphical glitches for Nvidia cards (I have a 980 GTX Ti) is really annoying. I would recommend to stay on Sierra for now.

hello
i have a problem with a shut down ,if i shut down computer it will turn back on after a few seconds,I found a fix but the guy who fixed his problem saying need to disable wake on lan in bios but i can't find that in bios.i have same motherboard like yours,maybe u know how to fix that ? sorry for my grammar
thanks

I won't upgrade MyHero until at least 10.13.3. High Sierra is not ready for prime time IMO. I've, naturally, made HS test builds, but I won't update the OP until Apple gets the major bugs worked out.

Have you a running hackintosh? Hard to tell. Please provide complete details in your Profile.
Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)​
See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

Thank you (for your work and co-operation). Down you have my hard details.

The graphical glitches for Nvidia cards (I have a 980 GTX Ti) is really annoying. I would recommend to stay on Sierra for now.

Thank you, I will.

Really? I have a friend that upgraded from Sierra to HS and I think some things he had to change manually.

Success......First run through things weren't working to well....Second install went as smooth as butter, will stay with Sierra for now. Thx for the guide Stork!!!

One thing I'm noticing is quite a bit of popping using Optical out when playing MPS's, guess I need to check what it's outputting sample rate wise. Don't see it on PC. Anyone have that issue?

@Stork Same build here. Updated from 10.13.1 to 10.13.2 Combo update.

Update went through. I added apfs.efi, lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicPatch.kext prior to upgrade. I had also uninstalled Nvidia web drivers.

Once update completed, 10.13.2 boots up fine with Intel graphics. Installed the latest Web drivers for 10.13.2. Now I get a blank screen once it reaches login. I can VNC into it, login and it works fine but my display is blank. Any idea?

Make sure your lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicPatch.kext are the latest versions. (See the Downloads > Kexts forum section.)

BTW, why are you using those kexts?

Make sure your lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicPatch.kext are the latest versions. (See the Downloads > Kexts forum section.)

BTW, why are you using those kexts?

Thanks. The two of those have not been updated in a month. I updated them after I applied 10.13.1. I will download them again and apply them.

I'm not sure why I added them. I believe it was to fix graphics problem in the past. Do I not need them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back