Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated mine tonight just in case. If they haven't included it yet they should have.

Found an article at Tom's Hardware where Intel responded to that article with the following:
We have already identified this issue and addressed it with a fix that started rolling out in April 2017. As always, we recommend checking to make sure your BIOS is up to date, but the chance of encountering this issue is low, as it requires a complex number of concurrent micro-architectural conditions to reproduce.
Reference:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/hyperthreading-kaby-lake-skylake-skylake-x,34876.html

@Stork - one short question.
Do you have a solution for your build because of the HDCP problem (protected HD content on amazon, Netflix etc)
yesterday was the first time I noticed that I choosed a movie which was played in SD - normally I view series - so I noticed it so late.

Feels like a throwing back to a far far away past :lol:

I found some threads here, but there a tons of possible solutions (or not) but because I had the same build like you, I just want to ask you

And just for the case that you don't have a improvement proposal for dummies /newbees like me - just make another bullet point under "Whats not working" :) I had not even thought of such problems.

The HDCP problem has been a problem for us hackintosh users for about 4 years. I haven't tried watching any movie content on MyHero because my home theater setup has a smart HDTV and a Roku.

ahh ok - so my workaround will be a switch to the win partition :)

Thanks for the reply, so I don't have to spend time testing all the tipps of the www. :)

What Doesn't Work
  • So far, everything is working as it should.
  • Continuity and Handoff because I don't have a Broadcom iMac wireless/Bluetooth 4 card and PCIe yet, but is on order.

Hi Stork - did you ever get a PCIe Broadcom in the end with this mobo? I just bought and installed a BCM943602CS Combo Card and it doesn't seem to be detected in either Sierra or W10 so just wondering if you had any experience with this specific mobo and wifi PCI-e. Cheers

Hi Stork - did you ever get a PCIe Broadcom in the end with this mobo? I just bought and installed a BCM943602CS Combo Card and it doesn't seem to be detected in either Sierra or W10 so just wondering if you had any experience with this specific mobo and wifi PCI-e. Cheers
The Fenvi FV-T919 works as it should with respect to provide good, strong wireless and BT connections. I have not tested Continuity/Hand-off although others have reported success with this card (pastrychef is one). Make sure the card is connected to a USB 2 motherboard header, and you can see the BT in IORegistryExplorer.

The Fenvi FV-T919 works as it should with respect to provide good, strong wireless and BT connections. I have not tested Continuity/Hand-off although others have reported success with this card (pastrychef is one). Make sure the card is connected to a USB 2 motherboard header, and you can see the BT in IORegistryExplorer.

Strangely the BT works and it's the WiFi that isn't.. definitely either pcie or the card itself.

Can you see the Wifi in About This Mac > System Report > Network (> Wi-Fi)? If so, at the "> Wi-Fi" window, you will "Supported Channels". Check your router to see if the supported channels match up with the default of your router; if not, you will have to change your router to match with the card.

If you don't see the card in the Wi-Fi window, and it can't be used with Window's either, you probably have a defective card. See if you can exchange it. Bummer, I know. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back