Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to figure out why all my disks are reported as external in Disk Utility. I used MB to install 3rd Party SATA. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I am trying to figure out why all my disks are reported as external in Disk Utility. I used MB to install 3rd Party SATA. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Config.plist KextsToPatch

Name AppleAHCIPort
Find 45787465726E616C
Replace 496E7465726E616C
Comment External icons patch

Code:
<dict>
   <key>Name</key>
   <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
   <key>Find</key>
   <data>RXh0ZXJuYWw=</data>
   <key>Replace</key>
   <data>SW50ZXJuYWw=</data>
</dict>

See Clover Wiki

Hi all,

quick NVIDIA web driver question for 10.11.6
On this site, you can download the driver WebDriver-346.03.15f08. But neither the NVIDIA site nor the system preferences gives me this new version. Where is it come from?

thank for you insight and
best
Michael

Hi Stork,

I bought a nearly similar hardware as you to follow your guide - just the Fenvio WLAN+BT is not here -- just on the way from China :)

Now I'm preparing the USB thumb as described, and there it comes to a little question from me (is my first hack - coming from iMac :) )
you wrote - Since Sierra 10.12.4 requires the latest Clover, put the Updated Clover Required for Kext Injection in macOS 10.12.4 installer on the thumb drive If you have room on your thumb drive, unless MultiBeast v9.1.0 or greater is available.

But in the unibeast introduction they say:
Contains Clover EFI v2.4k r4045.

So, am I right, that your quote is not up TO date and isn't necessary anymore? Because the pkg are named also "Clover_v2.4k_r4045-Legacy / UEFI"

And another quick question - can I restore my Time Machine backup from my iMac? Don't think so, or?

Thanks in advance.

RehabMan's new [Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra adds the capability to "turn on" USB charging for iDevices. Using the following config.plist mod allows my USB 3 ports to charge my iPhone.

The following is taken from RehabMan's Guide. Note: I'm using the iMac14,2 System Definition which is defined in Apple's /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/Info.plist. Again see RehabMan's guide for understanding what you'll have to do in addition if your SysDef is not in the supported list. iMac15,2 SysDef and earlier are supported while iMac16,x, iMac17,x and non of the Mac Pro SysDefs are in the list. So, you'll have to see RehabMan's guide for what to do.

In IORegistryExplorer v2.1, here's where we discover that EC0 needs to be changed to EC. (See RehabMan's Guide for more information.)
EC0 in IORegistryExplorer.png

Since I'm using the iMac14,2 SysDef, we can make the simple config.plist addition. In PlistEditPro or Xcode, add the following to the config.plist in ACPI > DSDT > Patches:
config.plist EC0 to EC patch.png

Or in a text editor (not recommend as it is too easy to screw up the formatting):
Code:
<key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Debug</key>
            <false/>
            <key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Patches</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Change EC0 to EC</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>RUMwXw==</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>RUNfXw==</data>
                </dict>
            </array>

Reboot after saving your patch.

Happy charging. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Hi Stork,

I bought a nearly similar hardware as you to follow your guide - just the Fenvio WLAN+BT is not here -- just on the way from China :)
Probably on "a slow boat from China" as the old song goes.

Now I'm preparing the USB thumb as described, and there it comes to a little question from me (is my first hack - coming from iMac :) )
you wrote - Since Sierra 10.12.4 requires the latest Clover, put the Updated Clover Required for Kext Injection in macOS 10.12.4 installer on the thumb drive If you have room on your thumb drive, unless MultiBeast v9.1.0 or greater is available.

But in the unibeast introduction they say:
Contains Clover EFI v2.4k r4045.

So, am I right, that your quote is not up TO date and isn't necessary anymore? Because the pkg are named also "Clover_v2.4k_r4045-Legacy / UEFI"
That's correct. If you're installing Sierra 10.12.5 from scratch and using MultiBeast 9.1.0, you won't need to follow that above advice. I'll change/modify it in a bit.

And another quick question - can I restore my Time Machine backup from my iMac? Don't think so, or?

Thanks in advance.
No, I don't think that will work. (Note: I've never tried it even though I have Mac Pros.) You can use Migration Assistant so you don't have to reload all your apps from scatch. However, when you run Migration Assistant, you will get to a screen that has check boxes for choices on what to migrate. DO NOT check the box for Other Files.

Hey Stork,
Thank you very much.

I'm up an running - thanks to your extremely good guide. :)

First:
Here's my config:
Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Intel Z170
Intel Core i5 6600K 4x 3.50GHz
Noctua NH-D15S (Cooler)
16GB (2x 8192MB) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT grau DDR4-2400
500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2.5" (6.4cm) SATA 6Gb/s
2000GB Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM006
650 Watt Corsair RMx Series RM650x
Fractal Define R5 PCGH Edition
LG 34CB88-B IPS Display (34")​

First, let me give you some feedback on your guide:
- Please edit "FakeSMCGPU.kext" to "FakeSMCGPU_monitor.kext" -- for me, as a dummy, it wasn't the same. So I don't delete it an ran into the kernel panic
- Your tip at the end "Terminal --> bdmesg|grep -y aml -- seems not to work. I had type it three times -- nothing happens?

For some reason at the installation I checked
(Optional) Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
After installation I got a popup (see Screen) .. I think because I checked the 3rd party SATA -- is it correct? What I have to do now? just delete?
The pop up informs me that the system extension "AHCI_3rdPArty_SATA_kext" was not installed correctly and can not be use.

For tonight I will follow the guide for iMessage and activate iCloud to see if it all works too. Then, I'll transfer my apps and documents.

But I have two more questions where you can help me :)
- As i said, the FENIO WLAN+BT will arrive in 2-3-4 weeks - so I have no WLAN. Is there a possibility to use the WLAN provided by the board? Just to get a internet connection.

- I also want to make a dual boot with Win 10 for gaming. Do you have any experience as to what guide should I use? May some special information regarding our config with the HERO?

Thanks in advance - I appreciate your help! Have a nice weekend

Hey Stork,
Thank you very much.

I'm up an running - thanks to your extremely good guide. :)
First, let me give you some feedback on your guide:
- Please edit "FakeSMCGPU.kext" to "FakeSMCGPU_monitor.kext" -- for me, as a dummy, it wasn't the same. So I don't delete it an ran into the kernel panic
Thanks for pointing that out. It's actual name is "FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext". I've made the change to Post #1.

- Your tip at the end "Terminal --> bdmesg|grep -y aml -- seems not to work. I had type it three times -- nothing happens?
Worked for me just now, first time I ran it. (Note, MyHero is not with me at the moment so I confirmed it ran OK on my Gene system which, for intensive purposes, is a HERO in the mATX format.)
Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 9.03.10 AM.png

For some reason at the installation I checked
(Optional) Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
After installation I got a popup (see Screen) .. I think because I checked the 3rd party SATA -- is it correct? What I have to do now? just delete?
The pop up informs me that the system extension "AHCI_3rdPArty_SATA_kext" was not installed correctly and can not be use.

I have no explanation for why this happened. Are you using MultiBeast v9.1.0? Try running MultiBeast again, just selection that option:
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Build > Install​

But I have two more questions where you can help me :)
- As i said, the FENIO WLAN+BT will arrive in 2-3-4 weeks - so I have no WLAN. Is there a possibility to use the WLAN provided by the board? Just to get a internet connection.
Yes. My MultiBeast configuration, as shown in Post #1, loads the Ethernet driver.

- I also want to make a dual boot with Win 10 for gaming. Do you have any experience as to what guide should I use? May some special information regarding our config with the HERO?
See the sticky thread(s) in the Multi-Booting forum section.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153

Thanks in advance - I appreciate your help! Have a nice weekend
You, too. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back