Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GTX 660ti has native support = No drivers required.
The GTX 1070 requires the Nvidia web drivers in order to function.

It is part of the FakeSMC Plugins that you installed :

View attachment 252732
So uncheck that selection? Stork had it checked.

So uncheck that selection?
Unchecking it will not remove it.
In MultiBeast selecting an item will install it but deselecting it will not remove it.

Stork had it checked.
Be that as it may, it is the GPU Sensor that is the cause of the kernel panic in the image that you posted.

Boot into your installation using the Safe Mode (-x) which enable at the Clover Boot screen and tap the keyboard's Space Bar. Check the appropriate box and click on the option Boot with these options which is the 2nd from the top in the list.

Once at the Desktop, open the installation drive's /Library/Extensions folder. Trash the FakeSMCGPU.kext. Upon reboot, you should be fine.

success! you guys are the best!

success! you guys are the best!
I have updated the build description (Post #1) to reflect the above installation procedures changes including the new features that MultiBeast v9.1.0 has added which we use to have to do outside of MultiBeast, including:
- Adding to the initial MultiBeast run:
:ch: (Optional) Bootloaders -> Clover v2.4k r4063 UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM <--- Required if BIOS version is greater than 2202
:ch: (Optional) Customize -> Graphics Configuration -> NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag <--- Required for use of Nvidia drivers​
- Removing the FakeSMCGPU.kext from /Library/Extensions/ folder
- After rebooting, running MultiBeast again to reinstall as per the Note in the MultiBeast v9.1.0 Announcement:
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1150
:ch: Drivers > Audio > 100/200 Series Audio​
- Other miscellaneous updates.​

Hi Stork,

Firstly let me say what a great guide you have written. My build went very well and I have now have a near fully functioning Hackintosh.

One question I do have is that when you were adding the patch to increase the maximum port limit you chose an option called "Increase Max Port Limit". This option doesn't seem to be available anymore with only the following being options:

- Increase Max Port Limit 9 Series
- Increase Max Port Limit 100 Series
- Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series

After a bit of googling I am still unsure what series my motherboard is.

Which option should I choose and are there any issues adding these now after the build is complete?

Thanks for the help

Mezza

Hi Stork,

Firstly let me say what a great guide you have written. My build went very well and I have now have a near fully functioning Hackintosh.
:thumbup:

One question I do have is that when you were adding the patch to increase the maximum port limit you chose an option called "Increase Max Port Limit". This option doesn't seem to be available anymore with only the following being options:

- Increase Max Port Limit 9 Series
- Increase Max Port Limit 100 Series
- Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series

After a bit of googling I am still unsure what series my motherboard is.

Which option should I choose and are there any issues adding these now after the build is complete?...
The HERO VIII is a Z170 > 100 Series motherboard.

I have a perfect running system now as I stated earlier. But with me being curious and always playing, I decided to make another drive removing my running drive that boots every time. On the new drive I get the memory allocation error and wont boot but maybe 1 out of 10 times. If I post both EFI folders could you or maybe someone else see it here and tell me why? Its driving me crazy. Ill edit this post with them or a link to dropbox if you wouldnt mind. I do know on the non working drive I havent set up proper serial numbers and all but that shouldnt be the issue.

How did you make the other drive?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...170-maximus-viii-hero-i7-6700k-gtx-980.197284

I have a perfect running system now as I stated earlier. But with me being curious and always playing, I decided to make another drive removing my running drive that boots every time. On the new drive I get the memory allocation error and wont boot but maybe 1 out of 10 times. If I post both EFI folders could you or maybe someone else see it here and tell me why? Its driving me crazy. Ill edit this post with them or a link to dropbox if you wouldnt mind. I do know on the non working drive I havent set up proper serial numbers and all but that shouldnt be the issue.
Try to switch OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to the one from here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back