Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
I share mine SSDT-NVMe-Pcc and HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext
Use at your own risk.
Mi spoof was 9.
Same M.2 960
I get better scoring and stability with Pike method.

EDIT: use Aja system on App Store to check M.2 disk.
Which M.2 socket is your NVMe SSD in? The one on the top of the motherboard?

I've got a (mostly) successful build up and running!
Thank so much for this build instructions! It was easy and loving the Asus Hero so far!!!

Only quirks I'm having is sometimes my monitor loses connection after reboot and I have to unplug and replug in the DisplayPort and then it comes right up.... strange.

Also my usb 3.0 ports are extremely slow read/write speeds... any ideas?

Thanks again!

Attachments

• 20170405_145845.jpg
    20170405_145845.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
Under GPU
My bad. I should have remembered that the VIII HERO has only one M.2 slot. I've been reading about other ASUS motherboards lately that have two M.2 slots, and I thought our HERO had two, also. (A Senior moment.)

Thanks for posting your SSDT-NVMe-Pcc along with the spoof version of the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext as they will help others survive updates when using the M.2 NVMe SSDs.

However, each user should be aware, as RehabMan points out in his guide, that non Samsung 950/960 M.2 NVMe SSDs may have a different spoof identity required for the SSDT. Forewarned.

Has anyone here used or heard how the GTX 1080 Ti performs? It's the card I am leaning towards and tried several searches with nothing solid.

Has anyone here used or heard how the GTX 1080 Ti performs? It's the card I am leaning towards and tried several searches with nothing solid.

This really isn't the right thread for that question...

Also, searching the board here will show a few folks who have installed a 1080 series card.

This really isn't the right thread for that question...

Also, searching the board here will show a few folks who have installed a 1080 series card.

Considering we all have nearly the same board in the Asus line it is completely appropriate as it is related to the build in question. There is nothing stating that this can be asked here.

With that out of the way. The GTX 1080ti works flawlessly in our builds. I did try it with the 980ti installed at the same time and no issues. Mainly running it now. Performance isn't what expected.

Also Stork the issue with booting and me not getting a BIOS screen started again. The graphics was correct however CSM was set to disabled. Turing it back on I get BIOS screen and Clover every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back