Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're running the latest Pascal Nvidia drivers, then the slowness of FXPX might be due to the drivers as they are immature. See the Graphics forum section for more on this topic > https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/graphics.13/

I gonna mess with it more later. Little girls birthday party today and getting all my gear up and ready to take the pics and video. Gonna try and have 2-3 drones in the air for the main cake and then edit it all into one nice video. If it dont rain.

Well a new weird thing is happening. I don't get a bois screen or even clover screen. Boots up straight to the Seirra Desktop.
Stuck with everyone in the house today. Moses even floated by.

Well a new weird thing is happening. I don't get a bois screen or even clover screen. Boots up straight to the Seirra Desktop.
Stuck with everyone in the house today. Moses even floated by.
Sounds like your BIOS is set to boot the iGPU first. Move the monitor cable to one of the on-board connectors and boot into the BIOS. Save and change the cable to the graphics card.

Sounds like your BIOS is set to boot the iGPU first. Move the monitor cable to one of the on-board connectors and boot into the BIOS. Save and change the cable to the graphics card.

Do I feel dumb on that one...... I do not remember touching that. But that was it. Now till next weekend Ill dive into the FCPX issue. Might even order me one of the new pascal cards. If the wife don't know then what wife don't know wont hurt her.

@Bizwiz

Have you got your sleep sorted out with the Hero Viii. It has taken a few weeks but I have got it sorted now with a usb ssdt. Tested it tonight and sleep is working perfectly. If you want the ssdt let me know. Thanks to @RehabMan for the template.

I would like to have that USB-ssdt!

Hello,

I did had a "restart when shutdown" problem and found a solution that works for my build :
  • On Clover > Acpi : enable FixShutdown and Halt Enabler
  • On BIOS > APM Configuration : ErP Ready -> Enable(S4+S5)
j0nz

I would like to have that USB-ssdt!

No problem, please remember I am a newbie and this was my first attempt. On my Asus Hero Viii my USB setup is working perfectly and my mackintosh goes to sleep now where previously it would just restart. I have setup to use a total of 14 ports. I have attached the .dsl file which once edited you can save it into the .aml format. I am happy with what I have done but would appreciate any feedback from any experts on the forums.

Attachments

• ssdt-usb.dsl
    3.5 KB · Views: 164
Thanks! I am trying it out right now, i disabled the "15-Port Patch" in clover and compiled your .dsl. It works so far, and it seems to disable my Front-USB-Ports. Can you tell me which Ports are disabled additionally?

I have the "Increase maximum port" patch running. My front USB 3 ports are working. You need to get IORegistryExplorer and find XHC on the list (it is nearer the bottom) and it will show you all the ports, there should be 26. Then you need to plug your USB 2 device and USB 3 device into each port on the front and back of you hackintosh. Every time you plug one of the devices in you need to check where it shows up on the list. Compare what you get against SSDT_USB.dsl that I gave you and make any changes to your setup. Photo below after I plugged a USB3 memory stick into the left USB 3 port on the front of my case you can see it is under SS01. PS you still have to have the "Increase maximum port" patch enabled. PS Green is connected and it will go red if you remove it. Before you do anything remove the SSDT-USB.aml so that you can see all the ports. There are two ports that have 255 against them they are the two internal USB2 headers that I have connected to my liquid cooler and Bluetooth.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 15.52.36.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 15.52.36.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 168
Wooooo that was fun, got all the stuff working for making the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext and the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml
( Running on the m.2 960 EVO 250GB boot drive )
Its snappier than the single SSD

I still have not loaded in a SSDT file for my 6700K which is Overclocked by 15%, I haven't seen any problems yet?

I DO have an issue with my M.2 960 EVO speeds, See screen shots, I get random WRITE speeds between 300 and 1500 MB/s while READ keeps hitting 2000 MB/s

Is there a way to optimize this ?

Thanks.

Also to get my audio working with a Schitt USB WYRD connected to a BIFROST + VALHALLA 2 I had to use multibeast to load in VoodooHDA v2.8.8 Additionally to get my MIC in to work same fix.

I share mine SSDT-NVMe-Pcc and HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext
Use at your own risk.
Mi spoof was 9.
Same M.2 960
I get better scoring and stability with Pike method.

EDIT: use Aja system on App Store to check M.2 disk.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    92.1 KB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back