Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
@robaird I am a newbie as well but the annoying thing is I have everything working with no other issues. Just had a quick look at your suggestion and there are two entries preventing sleep and they are both the same PID 103 hidd one in CPU and one in Network.

Macmagoo, maybe we end up figuring it out together. I have PID 102 _hidd listed constantly as preventing sleep as well--as with Windows, Human Interface Devices are your USB and Bluetooth devices. I only get the "powerd" one you listed before upon just waking from sleep, which is probably normal--check and see if you still get this 5 or 10 minutes after waking. I can sleep on second forced attempt (and thereafter apparently without problem, since I can't replicate problem after the first attempt right now), which is a nuisance I can live with so far. You could try to unplug usb & bluetooth devices one by one to see if you still get sleep issue. If your sleep issue is easily replicated, you can open Console program and type "wake reason" in search bar and see what it lists--might have to have it running when you put computer to sleep.

Last edited:
I spent another couple of hours tonight trying different things. I think it is either my water pump which is connected to a USB header or my Broadcom 94360CD which is on a PCIE adapter and connected to another USB header. I also think that increasing the maximum port limit has something to do with it. What I don't understand is other builders with this board and chip say that their sleep works. I also tried all the dark awake's and that did not work either.

Add more happy customer. Just finished getting everything working. iMessages, Sleep, Pascal graphics, SSDT, all good. I just haven't been able to get my fan speeds to report in HWMonitor. Is anyone able to see fan speeds from their Hero VIII board?

This is what I see.

Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 3.12.19 PM.png

Here is my HWMonitor. You have missed installing the FakeSMC plugin in Multibeast.

The plugins were installed via MultiBeast. Here is my config from the install:

Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 4.26.01 PM.png

It looks like your CPU/chassis fans aren't reporting either. Just your GPU fan. That said, I would have thought only Asus graphics cards would have monitor data come through. We both have EVGA cards and I'm not receiving anything.

View attachment 249580

It looks like your CPU/chassis fans aren't reporting either. Just your GPU fan. That said, I would have thought only Asus graphics cards would have monitor data come through. We both have EVGA cards and I'm not receiving anything.

Dont worry too much about fans. They are totally board dependent. They show on some but not others, but that doesnt mean they are not working. Its all down to the make/model of fan sensor used in the product. HWMonitor wont recognise every single one.

View attachment 249580

Apologies, I must pay more attention to what I am looking at. DOH.:lol:

I spent another couple of hours tonight trying different things. I think it is either my water pump which is connected to a USB header or my Broadcom 94360CD which is on a PCIE adapter and connected to another USB header. I also think that increasing the maximum port limit has something to do with it. What I don't understand is other builders with this board and chip say that their sleep works. I also tried all the dark awake's and that did not work either.

You may be able to isolate whether it's the water pump or your mouse/keyboard (i.e., USB port for Broadcom is probably for bluetooth devices--at least it is for the Fenvi I use with purportedly same or similar chipset) with the Console program running--use "wake reason" and it should designate which usb device. See following article to decipher messages in Console: https://www.macissues.com/2014/04/16/determine-the-reason-why-your-mac-wakes-up/

Couldn't sleep. I think the only way to actually sort this is with a USB SSDT. It looks like a pain to do it but I am going to give it a go and see if that sorts the issue. I won't have time to do it until the weekend. I will let you know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back