Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does + have 5k dell monitor. only using 1 display port cable. The maximum resolution I can select is
Yes, if your graphics card supports 4K resolutions.
2560. Any ideas? also my wifi speeds are terrible but windows they are ok...

Thanks for your help

5K requires two cables.

It does + have 5k dell monitor. only using 1 display port cable. The maximum resolution I can select is

2560. Any ideas? also my wifi speeds are terrible but windows they are ok...

Thanks for your help
I agree with pastrychef. You'll probably need two DP connections. Check your graphic card manufacturer's web site for more information.

As for your WiFi, what WiFi card are your using? Is it a USB dongle or PCIe?

I now have another issue. If I put the hack to sleep it boots back up after about 2 seconds and I am going round in circles trying to solve the problem. Commander Kext and 6700K SSDT have been added.

See if this helps. In the Terminal, copy the following:
Code:
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Now that Pascal is supported I've removed my Radeon HD6870 and the HD530 graphics properties from Clover and I've just successfully enabled and wok from sleep for the first time on this rig!

Screenshot 2017-04-10 19.15.14.png

@Stork

Hey, how you doin man?

About 3 months algo I followed your instructions at this post to install Siera. The problem was that I have the gtx1070, so I haven't been using the machine. My system boots and everything works, but graphics sucks. Finaly the webdrivers arrived, time to update!

I read that we need to update to 10.12.4 and update clover before installing the new web drivers, is it true?

I would like to know if you already wrote somewhere how to do it, step by step!

Gawd, I don't want to do something wrong at this point, almost everything is working, HELP

Thank you!!!

I agree with pastrychef. You'll probably need two DP connections. Check your graphic card manufacturer's web site for more information.

As for your WiFi, what WiFi card are your using? Is it a USB dongle or PCIe?

PCIe,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00TZJYRF6/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Doing a speed test I am getting 4mbps download where as windows is giving me 65mbps. I have used this card previously on el capitain and it worked fine. I have just done a fresh install of sierra and done nothing different that would make it act like this

I read that we need to update to 10.12.4 and update clover before installing the new web drivers, is it true?

I would like to know if you already wrote somewhere how to do it, step by step!
To update to 10.12.4, I did the following:
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Download the latest Clover; I used Updated Clover Required for Kext Injection in macOS 10.12.4 and run the installer;
:ch: Download the Software Update or Combo Update and run it to update to 10.12.4 - the updater will reboot upon completion;
:ch: The Nvidia driver window will open; download and install the latest driver and reboot;
:ch: Reboot.

Welcome to Sierra 10.12.4! :thumbup:

P.S. See my Post #2 in the official tonymacx86 macOS 10.12.4 Update thread for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back