Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks pastrychef! I probably have the terminology wrong, and what I meant was that I am planning to look into your Terminal command to wake from a long 4+ hr sleep which Stork mentioned in the updates.

Ah. I see... Here's a direct link to an explanation of why the command is needed HERE.

One question I had was whether your FireWire card works? My P67 Sabertooth had an ISA slot that could accommodate my legacy Sound Blaster card that had a functioning FW port. Now with the HERO, I finally have to retire that dinosaur, but I still need a FW port.
My FireWire Card listed in Post 1's Components works like a champ...otherwise I wouldn't have listed it.

Hi

Please, I need help.

Maximus VIII hero ( firmware 2202)
8 GB vengeance LPX
Gtx 1070 ( disabled ) nv_disable=1
HDD 250gb ( I have ssd but I prefer to use Windows and Mac OS in separated drives).

After I built my hackintosh following the tutorial, I have the following issues:

My build works fine if I boot by USB.
If the usb is not plugged or I boot , it doesn't work.

My sound doesn't work.

Can I update my firmware? Any other issue if I do it?

Ethernet works
Usb works

What I did wrong?

Thank you for the tutorial.

Can you elaborate on the symptoms when you say "it doesn't work?" Which step is it hung up on?

I would go back and double check each step in Stork's guide, including BIOS set up and the Multibeast options. Also, make sure you are enabling the sound exactly how Stork described,

When I set it up, I used the onboard video (remember to set the video memory to 64 MB), installed the Nvidia web driver, then installed the card.

According to other users, updating the firmware to the latest beta version causes problems. I used 2202 and had no problems.

Hi

Please, I need help.

Maximus VIII hero ( firmware 2202)
8 GB vengeance LPX
Gtx 1070 ( disabled ) nv_disable=1
HDD 250gb ( I have ssd but I prefer to use Windows and Mac OS in separated drives).

After I built my hackintosh following the tutorial, I have the following issues:

My build works fine if I boot by USB.
If the usb is not plugged or I boot , it doesn't work.

My sound doesn't work.

Can I update my firmware? Any other issue if I do it?

Ethernet works
Usb works

What I did wrong?

Thank you for the tutorial.

Can you elaborate on the symptoms when you say "it doesn't work?" Which step is it hung up on?

I would go back and double check each step in Stork's guide, including BIOS set up and the Multibeast options. Also, make sure you are enabling the sound exactly how Stork described,

When I set it up, I used the onboard video (remember to set the video memory to 64 MB), installed the Nvidia web driver, then installed the card.

According to other users, updating the firmware to the latest beta version causes problems. I used 2202 and had no problems.

Hi

Thank you for your reply

I installed the system 3 times and revised a lot of times.

When I say it doesn't work is because the system blocks at the screen whit the apple and bar but its happen when I do not use the USB. If I use the USB, the system works fine.

I use the on board gpu as gtx1070 drivers are not available.

The problem is not the gpu or bios because I can use the system when I start it using the USB.

I will keep this firmware (2202).

Thank you

Last edited:
What is the model of your hard drive? I assume it's an SSD?

Beware that there were problems with NVMe SSDs. Stork used an ACHD SSD for this build. I used a SATA SSD.

In Stork's Gene build, he used an NVMe and details steps to get it to work on that rig.

Hi

Thank you for your reply

I installed the system 3 times and revised a lot of times.

When I say it doesn't work is because the system blocks at the screen whit the apple and bar but its happen when I do not use the USB. If I use the USB, the system works fine.

I use the on board gpu as gtx1070 drivers are not available.

The problem is not the gpu or bios because I can use the system when I start it using the USB.

I will keep this firmware (2202).

Thank you

My ssd is used for Windows only. Since I started to build my havhintosh, the ssd is disconnected.

I am using a normal hard disk drive (HDD) for the hackintosh.

As I said before, if I boot by USB everything works fine so I think the problem is not the hardware.

I'm assuming you followed my procedures in Post #1 and ran MultiBeast, correct?

How old is your hard drive? Is it using 512MB or 4096MB sectors? (See your HDD's specifications; might be on the label, but most probably on the manufacturer's web site.)

When you say that you're booting from USB, I am assuming you mean that the UniBeast USB drive that you made for the installation is working fine, or do you mean that you installed the Sierra OS on a flash or HDD USB drive?

If you are talking about UniBeast, it is normal that the installer works, but the full installation does not because UniBeast boots with a minimal set of drivers.

Can you boot from your HDD in verbose mode, then send a photo or screenshot?

If you are convinced it is a software problem, I would also try starting from Step 1, including redownloading the Sierra installer from the App Store and remaking the UniBeast drive.

Next, just to rule out the HDD, I would buy a new hard drive or SSD. They are not that expensive these days, especially if you buy used from craigslist or an enthusiast board like overclock.net.

My ssd is used for Windows only. Since I started to build my havhintosh, the ssd is disconnected.

I am using a normal hard disk drive (HDD) for the hackintosh.

As I said before, if I boot by USB everything works fine so I think the problem is not the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back