Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I installed El Capitan and Sierra with the graphics card installed. The only advise I can impart to you is to review my installation procedures and see if you left out a step. When I was a beginner, I printed out the guide and checked off each step as it was accomplished.

Yes, I installed El Capitan and Sierra with the graphics card installed. The only advise I can impart to you is to review my installation procedures and see if you left out a step. When I was a beginner, I printed out the guide and checked off each step as it was accomplished.

I did this - and once again: Thanks for your incredible guide!

I just disconnected a internal USB3-portconnector and it seems like the installer went a little step further.

Attachments

• color.JPG
    color.JPG
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 117
One last question plz - so i can sort the Graphicscard out - On install - did you connect your monitor to the onboard CPU-GPU or did you connect it to the discrete Graphicscard?

THX in advance

One last question plz - so i can sort the Graphicscard out - On install - did you connect your monitor to the onboard CPU-GPU or did you connect it to the discrete Graphicscard?

THX in advance
The discrete graphics card using the DVI connection.

The discrete graphics card using the DVI connection.
I was so stupid. I thought the Mainboard had updated the Firmware through the Win10-Asus-App, as it said - but it didn't. As you said Stork - letter by letter was a good idea. THX man.

Now installer is thought - OSX and NVMe runs fine - except GTX980 Graphics Card - wich doesn't activate, or if so OSX does start with a black screen and i can't log into OSX. Maybe this is an issue with my 4k-Monitor connected through Displayport and needs two 1.2-Streams? Windows works fine @60Hz.

These issues have been mentioned within other systems-definitions, but not 14,2. I will install again and see if i got a wrong driver. But has anyone had this problem before?

THX again.

I made the mistake of updating the BIOS to the latest version 3101. I lost the ability to keep the Nvidia drivers on, and my Desktop wallpaper changed to the Sierra default wallpaper. (I set it back to the wallpaper I had before, and it stuck.) But, something happen to NVRAM with this new BIOS or whatever is keeping the Nvidia drivers off.

My BIOS settings are the same as in Post #1:
BIOS Setup
Follow Step 3 in the tonymacx86 guide.
:ch: Update the BIOS to the latest version which is 2202 (September 26, 2016). If you're without a working computer, download it on a friend's computer and follow the USB BIOS Flashback method on page 2-12 of the GENE User's Guide.
:ch: Once the BIOS is updated, boot into the BIOS, use the Advanced Mode and make the following changes:
Extreme Tweeker
:ch: AI Overclocker Tuner > X.M.P.
:ch: Extreme Tweeking > Enable​
Advanced Items
:ch: System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d > Disable
:ch: PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 > Disabled
:ch: USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > Auto
:ch: USB Configuration > XHCI Hand Off > Enabled
:ch: APM Configuration > Power on by PCI - E/PCI > Disabled​
Boot Menu
:ch: Fast Boot > Disabled
:ch: Boot Logo Display > Disabled
:ch: Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS
:ch: Boot Option 1 > USB installer thumb drive​
:ch: Exit > Save Changes​

However, before I go looking for Clover r3677 and installing the EmuVariableUefi-64 do-hicky, I want to see if anybody has had this problem with the new BIOS.

Update: I had attempted to roll back to v2201 BIOS using the BIOS' built-in utility which didn't work. However, jrii reports success in Post #603 using the Back Panel method.

Last edited:
Good news! I installed the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in Clover > drivers64UEFI folder. Download the latest clover package and only install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi - you don't have to install all of the latest Clover. Before rebooting, change to the Nvidia drivers. All should be well after that.

Looks like the newest ASUS BIOS' are "wreaking" our NVRAM across reboots.

Good news! I installed the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in Clover > drivers64UEFI folder. Download the latest clover package and only install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi - you don't have to install all of the latest Clover. Before rebooting, change to the Nvidia drivers. All should be well after that.

Looks like the newest ASUS BIOS' are "wreaking" our NVRAM across reboots.

Well i got the latest Bios and thought it was this issue that i couldn't load the Webdriver, but as it turned out my Mac just posted me this massage - as seen in the pictures.
Has anybody of you the combination of this driver, the latest Bios and this OS-Version working?

Stork, i tried as you just said and Updated Clover, installed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi - and clicked install. Didn't do anything. - But maybe my problem lies elsewhere - i'm just too new in the business.

Attachments

• Nvidia.JPG
    Nvidia.JPG
    905.6 KB · Views: 126
Well i got the latest Bios and thought it was this issue that i couldn't load the Webdriver, but as it turned out my Mac just posted me this massage - as seen in the pictures.
Has anybody of you the combination of this driver, the latest Bios and this OS-Version working?

Stork, i tried as you just said and Updated Clover, installed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi - and clicked install. Didn't do anything. - But maybe my problem lies elsewhere - i'm just too new in the business.
Well, update your driver, if the driver is available. I just added the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, not the latest full update. Check to see that the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back