Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you don't have to buy OS X unless you don't have access to a Mac (friends', school, library, work, college or university). See the link above for more information.

You don't have to pay to make an Apple ID (account) but to download software from the Apple Mac App Store (MAS), you'll need to associate a credit card with your account even though you'll be only downloading free software.

If you use another Mac or Hack to access the MAS, you'll have to sign in with your account ID, otherwise you might have problems with the after install access.

So, create and log into your MAS account on your friend's Mac and download Sierra; after it's done downloading, the installer opens - just quit it. However, before downloading, make sure your friend's Mac doesn't have the Sierra installation app in the Applications folder; if so, move it temporarily to another folder. Download UniBeast and MultiBeast for Sierra. Run UniBeast to create the Installer USB thumb drive. After UniBeast is done, copy MultiBeast to the thumb drive. You're now set to install Sierra on your PC. See the tonymacx86 guide for instructions > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Since the Intel on-board graphics on the 100 series motherboards is flaky right now, I'd invest in a low end graphics card like a GTX 750 Ti or used Nvidia GTX 760 or GTX 950. Stay away from AMD graphics cards as they have sleep/wake-up problems.

Having problem to install hackintosh on exact same build like yours. I should install it on thumb drive like legacy or uefi?

Having problem to install hackintosh on exact same build like yours. I should install it on thumb drive like legacy or uefi?
Well, since your profile tells us nothing about your system, it's hard to advise you. Normally, we tell folks if you have the old fashion Award like BIOS, as found on 6/7-series motherboards, you should use Legacy. What is the model # of your processor? (I need more than just i5; there's a dash and a number after i5 that tells us a lot.)

Well, since your profile tells us nothing about your system, it's hard to advise you. Normally, we tell folks if you have the old fashion Award like BIOS, as found on 6/7-series motherboards, you should use Legacy. What is the model # of your processor? (I need more than just i5; there's a dash and a number after i5 that tells us a lot.)

I made a build like your hero! Asus maximus hero VIII , i7 6700k

I bought same parts! I installed the sierra.Didnt had time to install all the drivers and the kexts.But I saw on about this max that the ram speed is on 2199 mhz.On bios says 3200 mhz. I will install all the drivers when I get home.

But I saw on about this max that the ram speed is on 2199 mhz.On bios says 3200 mhz.
Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 6.11.45 AM.png

You can use MultiBeast to activate the HD 530.

Hey Stork... Searching about 4 hours and no solution yet... Many tabs seems like refressing all the time. When i run lanchpad i got i annoying lag. This is comming from the onboard graphic card?

Hi Lopikolo

Just like Pastrychef said in Multibeast you need to go to the Customize/Graphics Configuration/Intel HD 350 and add that to you build list. Just to you let you know there is a know issue with HD 350, you will get a graphically glitch in the top left hand corner pretty consistently. To help mask it you can change the menu to the dark menu setting. Hope that helps.

Hi Lopikolo

Just like Pastrychef said in Multibeast you need to go to the Customize/Graphics Configuration/Intel HD 350 and add that to you build list. Just to you let you know there is a know issue with HD 350, you will get a graphically glitch in the top left hand corner pretty consistently. To help mask it you can change the menu to the dark menu setting. Hope that helps.

Or you could just apply the fix for the glitch.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-intel-hd-530-graphics-glitch-fix.206410/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back