Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys so the family is giving a bunch of hassle to get the system up and running 100% so the last thing I need to get is a Video card. I was wanting to wait and get a 1060 but I don't think the family can wait much longer. I saw a sale on this card this morning but wanted to know if any ran this card with there Asus Hero!?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...Index-_-DesktopGraphicsCards-_-14487159-S1A2C

stork any chance you can share your config.plist for this build? I'm getting nowhere trying to get my machine past this black screen upon boot.

Also, your guide doesn't cover SMbios settings... are there recommended settings for this configuration? I don't think the skylake 17,1 option works even though thats the closest to my build.

TIA!

@Stork, I too wouldn't mind seeing your config.plist with the iMessage stuff removed. Would be a nice sanity check.

Nope. Have you looked for others with this problem in Sierra Desktop Support forum section?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/sierra-desktop-support.186

I've not found anyone with the same or similar problem yet... Constant crashes of all kinds of apps. No panics, but things like `cfprefsd` crashes like there's no tomorrow. Also lots of other little things like that. It's insanity and I'm about to give up on this machine if I can't find answers. :'(

Also, I've been looking here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/general-help.10/ instead of the installation forum since it is technically installed ok...

Nice tuto, it works for me.
Except for the GTX 1080 because there is no driver available yet.
So I'm looking to a solution for using the internal GPU (without removing the graphic card)

Nice tuto, it works for me.
Except for the GTX 1080 because there is no driver available yet.
So I'm looking to a solution for using the internal GPU (without removing the graphic card)
Thanks. There's an ongoing thread on the 1070/1080 in the Graphics forum section where several members are using the on-board graphics for OS X (macOS) while using the GTX 10 series card in computer for Windoze and Linux. It's a long thread populated by whiners wanting the drivers now, so you'll have to wade thru the thread to find relevant posts.

I, too have been waiting for the drivers to get a 1060. But, I may have to pick up a used GTX 980 if the drivers don't come by Thanksgiving Day (November 24 in the USA). But, I've been surprised how well my GTX 760 is doing with "stuff".

Good luck! ...and a belated Welcome to the forum! :thumbup:

Happy to report, after one loooong week of trying just about everything, I now have everything up and running. Of course I'm still testing stuff. At the moment I'm unable to sign into the App Store. I also don't think wifi and bluetooth are working.

This question is to everyone here. Does anyone else have an audio pop seems like when the seems is idle for a while and then when audio engaged again I get a pop then it's fine for the rest of the time. Any thoughts?

This question is to everyone here. Does anyone else have an audio pop seems like when the seems is idle for a while and then when audio engaged again I get a pop then it's fine for the rest of the time. Any thoughts?

Have not experienced that but I have an Apple Cinema Display so my audio is through Thunderbolt. I don't have external speakers at the moment.

The Samsung SM951 M.2 PCIe SSD (AHCI model) uses a M.2 socket on the motherboard, not a PCIe socket. It requires a motherboard to support PCIe/SATA thru a M.2 socket.

No, no, no! The i7-6800K requires a socket 2011 type. That's not a year, but a socket designation that the processor fits into on the the motherboard. The 2011 socket motherboards (IIRC) are the X99 motherboards.
Hello stork, bought same build like your hero ;D. Have all the pieces except the graphic card.I am thinking something like Gigabyte GTX 950 2GB OC. It will fit on the motherboard right?

The GTX 950 graphics card works great! I use a Gigabyte GTX 950 in my Gene build. (See link to my Gene build description in my signature block.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back