Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll start here with this minor problem since it may be motherboard related? I decided to play with a spare SSD and installed Windows 10 Pro to it. I disconnected all other drives to do this. Now when I go to boot the system, I can get into my OSX SSD just fine, but using the BIOS boot menu to choose the Windows 10 drive I get punted right into the BIOS. If I disconnect the OSX SSD then Windows 10 will boot. Weird.
I don't use Windoze. I recommend you look at Going Bald's guides in the Forum's Multi-Booting section > http://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153

I don't use Windoze. I recommend you look at Going Bald's guides in the Forum's Multi-Booting section > http://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153
Thanks Stork, that did the trick. Turns out I didn't install Windows n EFI mode. I'm just goofing around with Windows 10 in native mode vs. VMWare Fusion. I might want to try a game out when my GTX1060 arrives, which should be here on Monday.

cheers

I highly recommend, from "listening" to other admin's and mod's experiences, you use a don't use VMWare on OS X. Since you're on a hack, it's unnecessary as you can use two drives to boot into the OS of the moment. IIRC, that's the approach Going Bald recommends, too.

Ive followed your guide step by step twice and both times I'm having issues after installing the nvidia drivers. after a reboot The apple logo appears then It goes to a black screen, if I boot using the unibeast USB and then choosing the el capita in SSD it boots perfectly with the nvidia drivers loaded and graphics card (750ti) being recognised in about my mac. Sounds like a clover issue?

Pretty new to this so any help would be great.

Thank you

Using your installation disk from which to boot, stop at the Clover Boot screen. Pick the "Gears" icon, and post what your Boot Arguments are. You should have "nvda_drv=1" as one of the parameters. If not, add it.

If that works, use Clover Configurator to add it to the Boot Arguments in your config.plist file. Mount your EFI partition before running Clover Configurator.

What is your system configuration? You Profile components aren't up to date?

Using your installation disk from which to boot, stop at the Clover Boot screen. Pick the "Gears" icon, and post what your Boot Arguments are. You should have "nvda_drv=1" as one of the parameters. If not, add it.

If that works, use Clover Configurator to add it to the Boot Arguments in your config.plist file. Mount your EFI partition before running Clover Configurator.

What is your system configuration? You Profile components aren't up to date?

Boot args: dart=0 nvda_drv=1

i7-6700K -
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO
evga 750ti SC

If I boot with -v added, it gets past all the text and goes to the black screen. So I assume it isn't hanging on anything?

How are you connecting to your monitor? DVI? HDMI?

How are you connecting to your monitor? DVI? HDMI?

display port

Update, tried using a HDMI cable on my TV and it works perfectly fine. Does DP not work? my monitor doesn't have a HDMI port.

This is odd, as I if I load OS via the unibeast USB it displays via the display port and using the web drivers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back