Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recommend use ssdt for processor. Intel don't need it from haswell.

Make your own test with and without ;)
I have, and I still use the SSDT.

Fl0r!an informed me that the Nvidia 700-series cards can be a bit hit or miss when it comes to the built-in Apple drivers. For example, even though the GTX 770 is technically just a slightly higher clocked GTX 680 and is Kepler based, in some instances, the Nvidia web drivers are required.

Stork, maybe it's time to get a good SSDT for USB and let the risky patches.

I don't have skills for create one.

But your post its very good, and could be usefull for lot of users!

Fl0r!an informed me that the Nvidia 700-series cards can be a bit hit or miss when it comes to the built-in Apple drivers. For example, even though the GTX 770 is technically just a slightly higher clocked GTX 680 and is Kepler based, in some instances, the Nvidia web drivers are required.

I have been lucky so far works OOTB on APple NAtive drivers on my Asus Laptop G750JX-DB71 I have 5 of them!! It works on all my El Capitan desktop's Builds GPU EVGA GTX 770 4GB. Just not sure if the native apple drivers will work as they have on all my other builds as it will on Skylake, we will soon see. I may take the script from my Asus Laptop GPU DSDT section and add that to a separate SSDT for ports etc Will also add all other necessary fixes like WIFI etc. If I use iMac17,1 with the Black Screen fix I am hopeful it will work with Apple Native drivers.

Hoping someone can help me save a lot of time here.

Following this guide I can get 100% success if I install to a fresh new SSD. YAY!!!

However, I'd really like to install over my existing working El Capitan SSD but when I get to where I boot into the drive after installing the OS my system will reboot in about 3 seconds after choosing my drive. So I get right up to step 5 in the guide here: (right up to #4)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...upported-intel-based-pc.172672/#uefi_settings

Can anyone think of a quick solution? Should I delete everything out of the EFI partition?

When you install El Capitan over an existing El Capitan build, are you using an UniBeast created installation USB thumb drive?

When you install El Capitan over an existing El Capitan build, are you using an UniBeast created installation USB thumb drive?
Yes I am. I think it must be a kext on the old drive causing problems. As I said, a fresh install on a new SSD works as it should. I even copied the new SSD's EFI contents over to the old EFI folder and it still reboots about 3 seconds into booting. I tried booting verbose but for some reason it just hangs and doesn't reboot. I've attached a screenshot. I think I might just have to format the old SSD (it's 512gb and the test one I'm using is only 250gb) and use my time machine backup to copy everything over except the system and library folder.

Edit...either time machine manually or give this migration assistant a try since it also grabs stuff from time machine apparently.

Attachments

• IMG_1019.JPG
    IMG_1019.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Stork, your instructions say to copy the SSDT.AML file over to the EFI folder on the USB drive but I'm sure you meant the EFI folder on the SSD drive. :)

Success! The easiest build I've ever done from scratch. It took a few hours for migration assistant to get my time machine data over but I'm up and running again. Looking forward to putting this beast through its paces in the next little while. Thanks Stork!

Dear peoples,
I am very interested in this build.
But i have one important question:
Is it possible to dis-able Hyperthreading (in bios ?) without OSX 10.11 getting wonky by it ?
It's maybe an odd question but i use software called Reaper to make music and Reaper's
performance decreases when it has to deal with "virtual cores".
Reaper is not on its own by that fact, many music production software doesn't handle hyperthreading well.

Currently, i have an X99 hack and disabling hyperthreading in bios won't startup hack anymore (osx 10.10).

Hope 2 hear from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back