Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stork,

pastrychef pointed me in your diection, because you also use a Firewire card. I have a problem with my PCIe StarTech FW 400/800 card. The FW drives are only detected if I turn them on BEFORE I boot up the System.
I bought a DC plug for the 4 pin adaptor but nothing changed (despite from a new introduced shutdown->wake issue). Will switching the PCI-e ports help? Right now, the StarTech card sits on a PCI Ex1 port and not on a PCI Ex4. I read on other threads that it doesn't fix the issue. Did you use the "fixfirewore_800" tag? Will it help?
I'm using the MacPro 3.1 SMBiOS with my Skylake Asus Maximus VIII Hero build and so far everything else is working (minus the Firewire).

Thanks for your help/advice.

And I thought, I was so close to a finished build.....stupid me! :banghead:

I've not had that problem with my SYBA 1394B/A Firewire PCIe Card (SD-PEX30009). I don't use he "fixfirewore_800" tag.

However, I must admit that I've always turned on my external equipment before booting up; IIRC, that was required of Macs.

I've not had that problem with my SYBA 1394B/A Firewire PCIe Card (SD-PEX30009). I don't use he "fixfirewore_800" tag.

However, I must admit that I've always turned on my external equipment before booting up; IIRC, that was required of Macs.
Hi Stork,

Thank you for your answer. Can I please ask you to try a hot plugging for me. Just to see if it works on your build. On my "regular" MacPro it works everytime.

Thanks again for your help/advice.
<3 <3 <3

Unfortunately, I don't have any FW device with me at the present time (visiting a warmer climate for a while), and I'd have to use a FW device that I could afford to lose which I don't have. So, I must decline your request.

Unfortunately, I don't have any FW device with me at the present time (visiting a warmer climate for a while), and I'd have to use a FW device that I could afford to lose which I don't have. So, I must decline your request.
no problem. Just thought out loud. I was only wondering, why it works on my normal Mac and not on my Hackintosh. Seems it´s a normal behavior and I have to live with that...

Hi! Apple just released an update for some kernel error which caused my geforce 660ti to stop working. The graphics updater says no update available yet. It's on 346.03.15f05 and the mac osx driver for 660ti makes the colors all weird (photo attached). Any way to fix the colors for osx drivers or any news on the updated drivers for 660ti? Thanks a bunch!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 4.02.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 4.02.06 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 584
The Nvidia drivers are build numbers specific. The update changed OS X/macOS build number. So, you'll have to either wait for Nvidia to publish an update or use the Sierra (you are using Sierra?) Beta driver. See this link to find the appropriate driver:
Which Driver Should I Install for My New GPU - MacVidCards.coM

Hello,

I was wondering if with this build all the USB thing explained in those threads are needed :

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/usb-new-raise-port-limit-patch-for-macos-10-12-sierra.202329/

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Thanks for your replies,
jonz
Hi jonz,

I can only speak for myself, but the USB fix and with it the uia_exclude was ESSENTIAL. It fixed a lot of issues in my build. So, yes... I highly recommend it!

Best
Michael

Hi Stork,

just switched from the Startech to the Sybia FW card. Works like a charm. Don't need to restart the System anymore if I want to plugin a device. Your build/guidence is indeed "golden"!

Best
Michael (hot plugging since 1996)
:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back