Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i'm gonna try and will tell you how it goes. What do you think about agpfix for my driver issue for the nvidia graphic board, because it is mentionned that the imac 17,1 has some issue without it...
Thanks again for your help.
Never used it or the iMac17,1 SysDef. I recommend you read pastrychef's build description; toward the end, he compares the 14,2 vs. 17,1.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/pastrychefs-build-asus-maximus-viii-gene-i7-6700k-gtx-980.198470/

I recently noticed that my USB 3 ports are not working correctly since updating to Sierra. The USB Port increase config.plist patch doesn't seem to work either. So, I postponed fixing this problem until after the Christmas/New Year holidays because of family commitments.
I commented this problem before...
Someone with skills can make and USB_ssdt !!!!

Hi there,
i am new to the Hackintosh - scene, but was so impressed by the built, i bought all the Parts you did (plus a NVMe - SSD). I followed all the steps as you wrote in your amazing article and then - bummer as you can see in the picture.

Maybe i missed something - Windows10 is working, so the hardware should be ok.

Would be nice to hear from you.

THX

Attachments

• vmswap.JPG
    vmswap.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 88
To be more precise i am not even getting to the installation.

See my Gene build description if you are trying to install Sierra on the NVMe SSD.

See my Gene build description if you are trying to install Sierra on the NVMe SSD.

I thought i did, but shouldnt it boot into the installer anyways?

Yes, you should. How did you create your UniBeast USB Installer thumb drive? On a Hackintosh? On a Mac?

Yes, you should. How did you create your UniBeast USB Installer thumb drive? On a Hackintosh? On a Mac?

Hi, thanks for the reply. I created the Unibeast installer from a original iMac.

Now i think i tried nearly everything. I disconnected all hard drives except m.2 - did not work. I tried with your Gene - plist and with the original. Tried to deactivate the USB-Ports, (also tried Chamäleon), inserted SSTD, tried another FAKESMC.kext.

My Hardware is the same as yours except for the Graphicscard, wich is a GTX980 from MSI. - I tried to disconnect it and the internal CPUGPU showed no Picture - not even from the BIOS-Startscreen - that may be also a Problem i don't understand.

My Config:
  • Asus Maximus VIII Hero
    Intel Core i7-6700K
    MSI NViDiA GeForce GTX 980 GAMING 4G (4096 MB)
    16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL16
  • Samsung MZ-V6E500BW SSD 960 Evo NVMe M.2 500 GB
  • BCM94360CD

Attachments

• IMG_1930.JPG
    IMG_1930.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1933.JPG
    IMG_1933.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
Now i think i tried nearly everything. I disconnected all hard drives except m.2 - did not work. I tried with your Gene - plist and with the original. Tried to deactivate the USB-Ports, (also tried Chamäleon), inserted SSTD, tried another FAKESMC.kext.

My Hardware is the same as yours except for the Graphicscard, wich is a GTX980 from MSI. - I tried to disconnect it and the internal CPUGPU showed no Picture - not even from the BIOS-Startscreen - that may be also a Problem i don't understand...
The config.plist is for the UniBeast USB installation thumb drive. If you disable the USB ports in the BIOS, you can use the installation thumb drive.

I haven't a clue to what is causing your problem. I recommend you open a problem thread in the Sierra Desktop Support forum section > https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/sierra-desktop-support.186

Good luck!

The config.plist is for the UniBeast USB installation thumb drive. If you disable the USB ports in the BIOS, you can use the installation thumb drive.

I haven't a clue to what is causing your problem. I recommend you open a problem thread in the Sierra Desktop Support forum section > https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/sierra-desktop-support.186

Good luck!

Thanks - i will do so. Did you install your system with graphicscard installed? Is there any newbie-failure you can think of, that i could have overseen?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back