Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming Clover and kexts are updated, you should be fine.

Uninstall the Nvidia web drivers.
Shut down.
Swap video cards to the RX 580.
Boot.

One last question if that's OK!

I've made custom SSDTs for USB and 6700K overclock for this El Cap install.

Will these SSDTs work with Mojave, or do I need to do them again?

How has the overclock been working out for you with this build?? and would you mind sharing that SSDT for the overclock and what changes did you make to bios to match the overclock?

Thanks!

You can continue to use both with Mojave. No need to re-do them.

How has the overclock been working out for you with this build?? and would you mind sharing that SSDT for the overclock and what changes did you make to bios to match the overclock?

Thanks!

Running flawlessly (4.6GHz). I'll post the BIOS settings and SSDT here for you once the Mojave update is done.

Perfect, thanks again!

That didn't go well, I've spent all day so far tying to get Mojave to work.

Problem #1: I've managed to get to the login screen, post upgrade, but even though the mouse and keyboard work in Clover, they don't work at all at the login screen. I can't login or do anything. I'm using USBInjectAll (latest), and the Mojave USB port limit patches.

Problem #2: After updating to Mojave, Clover can't seem to boot from it. I'm having to use the EFI on another drive (Carbon Copy Clone El Cap install), with the APFS UEFI driver added to it.

Problem #3: Part of me is tempted to just revert back to El Cp, BUT it's now APFS. So when I boot from my backup El Cap install, it cannot see/read the Mojave drive. Hence I can't restore the backup to it.

I am totally stuck. Could you please help?

May require XHCI-unsupported.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. (Click Download repository).

Didn't work, thanks though.

I wonder if the Mojave disk EFI has become non bootable or something. Is there a way to blast the EFI partition to renew it?

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

One of my fave quotes from my all time favourite film :¬)

I'm going to buy an external NVME enclosure so I can mount the drive via my Mojave MacBook. That way I can fix the EFI and reinstall clover from scratch. Either that or revert to the backup clone.

I can't wipe the drive, I really need it to work (to de-auth plugins etc).

So frustrating. I am the login screen and the GFX etc all seem to work. I just can't type or use the mouse!

Could that be a Clover issue? That EFI is using Clover r4369, does Mojave need a higher version? I'm worried that if i update that El Capitan backup drive EFI, and it goes wrong, I'll have no way in at all.

Last edited:
Could that be a Clover issue?
Unlikely, Clover is a bootloader and it looks like it has completed its function if you are at the login screen.
Check your BIOS settings.
Try your keyboard/mouse in different USB ports.

If you choose to update Clover be aware that the drivers location has changed in the newer versions, you need to have all of the required drivers in the new location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back