Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO Z170
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 980
Yes,
I made a mistake of upgrading Catalina, and all went South! It took only one hour to revert back! Well, I ended up upgrading from Sierra to Mojave.
I have a horrible video card on my ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, and wondering if I could upgrade to a 3D-capable video card, such as NVIDIA Quadro P4000? Anyone tried this?

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
@Stork, hello! can you please attach your clover folder? All USB disconnects after selecting a boot disk, I don’t know what to do ...
Although once all the same it booted from a flash drive by some miracle, it no longer comes out

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@Stork, hello! can you please attach your clover folder? All USB disconnects after selecting a boot disk, I don’t know what to do ...
Although once all the same it booted from a flash drive by some miracle, it no longer comes out
What version of macOS have you installed?

(I don't post my EFI or config.plist files as you don't learn how to debug your installation.)

Motherboard
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
What version of macOS have you installed?

(I don't post my EFI or config.plist files as you don't learn how to debug your installation.)
Before that, I had never encountered such behavior, everything started with a half kick (not counting any triviality)
Now everything fell on apfs_module_start:1683, and how to get patched aml's if i cant boot, I have no idea (and what to do next, but now I successfully booted along with SSDT-EC.aml)

I want to see the folder to see the installed drivers, kexts, patches, etc. Maybe I am missing something important ...

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Before that, I had never encountered such behavior, everything started with a half kick (not counting any triviality)
Now everything fell on apfs_module_start:1683, and how to get patched aml's if i cant boot, I have no idea (and what to do next, but now I successfully booted along with SSDT-EC.aml)

I want to see the folder to see the installed drivers, kexts, patches, etc. Maybe I am missing something important ...
  1. Create an EFI folder. Make sure it has the SSDT-EC.aml file.
  2. Put it on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive.
  3. Boot from the USB flash drive.
  4. Fix the EFI on your boot drive.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
  1. Create an EFI folder. Make sure it has the SSDT-EC.aml file.
  2. Put it on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive.
  3. Boot from the USB flash drive.
  4. Fix the EFI on your boot drive.
Thank you, I already know that :D

How to get this same SSDT-EC.aml, if the system does not boot in principle, that is the question?
Is this a feature specifically for this motherboard? On all my others, the USB limit fix was corny enough ...

By the way, I generated it, now the second monitor for HDMI does not work ...

Motherboard
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Never mind. I just do tomorrow a new clean EFI with done SSDT-EC.aml. Thanks everyone. :thumbup:

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you, I already know that :D

How to get this same SSDT-EC.aml, if the system does not boot in principle, that is the question?
Is this a feature specifically for this motherboard? On all my others, the USB limit fix was corny enough ...

By the way, I generated it, now the second monitor for HDMI does not work ...
nevermind, i just do tomorrow a new clean EFI with done SSDT-EC.aml, thanks everyone :thumbup:
If you create a working EFI and put it on a USB flash drive, you can boot from the USB flash drive and fix your existing install. No need to start fresh.

You can even use Windows to create your USB booter.

Attachments

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO Z170
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello! Nice tuto, thanks! Everything is OK but not totally. :) On "About This Mac" my GTX 1070 is 8191MB (perfect) but on Unigine Heaven only 256MB! My score is only 2067... (i7 6700k / Maximus VIII Hero / 16GB / SSD and GTX 1070)

Any idea to save me! 'Cause I suppose in game that will be the same problem.

Thanks !

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO Z170
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey after a new try with your settings (medium fhd) (I work in same time the first loop) I've got 4k score but still 256 mo... any idea ? thanks bros ! (and sorry for my English I'm French guy ;) )

unigine.jpeg

Last edited: