Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger
CPU
I7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
iOS
We've now received some reports that the TP-Link WDN4800 chipset is not supported in Mojave. Nuts! OK. I know the TP-Link T9E works. Love its' speed.
Just bought a second hand T9E and installed it on my Hack. Worked OOB...

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
Intel i7 6700k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello @Stork

may I upgrade the 6700k with a 9700k on the Hero VIII?

I'm on HS, waiting for the nvidia webdrivers LOL (seems like it will never happen)

I considering to buy a RX880 pulse to replace my GTX1070, then upgrade to MOJAVE.
Is it just plug-n-play if I do it?

For some reason, my build freezes sometimes. It happens when I'm importing multiples files from SD cards (vídeos/pictures) or when editing big files on Premiere Pro/Photoshop. It freezes and only a reset makes it work again. Do you think it might be a problem related to my SD Crucial M2 Mx300? Seems like the system crashes when it's writing/copying files. I did reinstalled HS twice and the problem keeps happening. What is the most compatible SD do you suggest?

Thank you so much!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
2x Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hello @Stork

may I upgrade the 6700k with a 9700k on the Hero VIII?

I'm on HS, waiting for the nvidia webdrivers LOL (seems like it will never happen)

I considering to buy a RX880 pulse to replace my GTX1070, then upgrade to MOJAVE.
Is it just plug-n-play if I do it?

For some reason, my build freezes sometimes. It happens when I'm importing multiples files from SD cards (vídeos/pictures) or when editing big files on Premiere Pro/Photoshop. It freezes and only a reset makes it work again. Do you think it might be a problem related to my SD Crucial M2 Mx300? Seems like the system crashes when it's writing/copying files. I did reinstalled HS twice and the problem keeps happening. What is the most compatible SD do you suggest?

Thank you so much!
No unfortunately you cannot go to that processor using your current board. I went with a Gigabyte Z390 board and i9-9900K which can use the chip you mention. I rebuilt the 6700K into a smaller build.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
No unfortunately you cannot go to that processor using your current board. I went with a Gigabyte Z390 board and i9-9900K which can use the chip you mention. I rebuilt the 6700K into a smaller build.
Confirmed. The i9 has a different pin layout/socket configuration than the VIII HERO motherboard.

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
Intel i7 6700k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
iOS
Oh, ok. Thought it would fit on the socket. Thanks!

What about the ssd ? Suggestions?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
2x Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
970GTX
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello guys,

I've just installed High Sierra on almost the same configuration, but I couldn't get some things working as it should.

First of all, the MultiBeast settings mentioned in post#1 did not work for me. I have no graphics; apfs.efi wouldn't get installed by default; and Clover could not detect my partitions.

Now I managed somehow to get it working by trial and error but I have no audio devices detected(only USB Logitech gaming headset is seen by OS) and graphics are not at its best (screen tearing and fonts from opened windows leave white shadows when windows are moved).

I will upload the config.plist with my settings. Bear in mind that I am not a pro in hackintoshing. Thank you!

Attachments

CPU
i5
Graphics
iris
Hello guys,

I've just installed High Sierra on almost the same configuration, but I couldn't get some things working as it should.

First of all, the MultiBeast settings mentioned in post#1 did not work for me. I have no graphics; apfs.efi wouldn't get installed by default; and Clover could not detect my partitions.

Now I managed somehow to get it working by trial and error but I have no audio devices detected(only USB Logitech gaming headset is seen by OS) and graphics are not at its best (screen tearing and fonts from opened windows leave white shadows when windows are moved).

I will upload the config.plist with my settings. Bear in mind that I am not a pro in hackintoshing. Thank you!
Hey Chester - thankfully I had some help, really, lots of help - cos I have no idea about it at all. BUT - now I find that I cannot do an install from Time Machine to get my data from my older Mac to my new hackintosh. Still waiting for some advice on that. I am developing a plan, but reckon others here have done that before, and I would like to know what they have done.

I am in Australia - and could not access all the same items.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (2x8GB) 2400 DDR4 (BLS2K8G4D240FSB) x2 Intel i7-8700K Coffee Lake Processor
Noctua NH-D15S, Premium Dual-Tower CPU Cooler with NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fan
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB Graphics Card
Corsair RM750X 750 Watt, fully modular Power Supply
Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi/Bluetooth 4 PCIe Card - Handoff and Continuity
SYBA Low Profile PCI-Express 1394B/A Firewire Card Model SD-PEX30009 LG CD/DVD Burner Model GH22NS70
Lian Li PC-A05FNB Computer Case

Got an SSD and a HDD - but the case would not take the air cooler, so I had to get another that would: Coolermaster SILENCIO 652 Case, 3 fans, cable management, w/o PSU

Once I get it all working and my data transferred, I will be back to examine errors that I made, and how they were over-come.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello guys,

I'm visiting family so will not be able to help you at the moment. But, I'll looked at your config.plist and saw several things that didn't look right. But, I can't compare your config.plist with my config.plist at the moment. In the config.plist's KernelAndKextPatches, the #ATIConnectorsData and #ATIConnectorsPatch parameters don't look right. Maybe @pastrychef can jump in here to bring his experience to your problem. (TIA, @pastrychef.)

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello guys,

You have enabled a lot of ACPI fixes in the config.plist. I don't think most are needed for this motherboard. Please post your entire EFI folder and a screen shot of what you have in /Library/Extensions/.