Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger
CPU
I7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
iOS
We've now received some reports that the TP-Link WDN4800 chipset is not supported in Mojave. Nuts! OK. I know the TP-Link T9E works. Love its' speed.
Just bought a second hand T9E and installed it on my Hack. Worked OOB...

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
Intel i7 6700k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello @Stork

may I upgrade the 6700k with a 9700k on the Hero VIII?

I'm on HS, waiting for the nvidia webdrivers LOL (seems like it will never happen)

I considering to buy a RX880 pulse to replace my GTX1070, then upgrade to MOJAVE.
Is it just plug-n-play if I do it?

For some reason, my build freezes sometimes. It happens when I'm importing multiples files from SD cards (vídeos/pictures) or when editing big files on Premiere Pro/Photoshop. It freezes and only a reset makes it work again. Do you think it might be a problem related to my SD Crucial M2 Mx300? Seems like the system crashes when it's writing/copying files. I did reinstalled HS twice and the problem keeps happening. What is the most compatible SD do you suggest?

Thank you so much!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Dual Vega 64’s
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hello @Stork

may I upgrade the 6700k with a 9700k on the Hero VIII?

I'm on HS, waiting for the nvidia webdrivers LOL (seems like it will never happen)

I considering to buy a RX880 pulse to replace my GTX1070, then upgrade to MOJAVE.
Is it just plug-n-play if I do it?

For some reason, my build freezes sometimes. It happens when I'm importing multiples files from SD cards (vídeos/pictures) or when editing big files on Premiere Pro/Photoshop. It freezes and only a reset makes it work again. Do you think it might be a problem related to my SD Crucial M2 Mx300? Seems like the system crashes when it's writing/copying files. I did reinstalled HS twice and the problem keeps happening. What is the most compatible SD do you suggest?

Thank you so much!
No unfortunately you cannot go to that processor using your current board. I went with a Gigabyte Z390 board and i9-9900K which can use the chip you mention. I rebuilt the 6700K into a smaller build.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
No unfortunately you cannot go to that processor using your current board. I went with a Gigabyte Z390 board and i9-9900K which can use the chip you mention. I rebuilt the 6700K into a smaller build.
Confirmed. The i9 has a different pin layout/socket configuration than the VIII HERO motherboard.

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
Intel i7 6700k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
iOS
Oh, ok. Thought it would fit on the socket. Thanks!

What about the ssd ? Suggestions?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Dual Vega 64’s
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS