CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok @pastrychef, I have the newest Clover Configurator now and I have set the right parameters.
Before changing the config this settings are compatible also with AMD cards?
The other question is: if I make a backup of the config file and something goes wrong can I select the old config file for the boot in clover?

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok @pastrychef, I have the newest Clover Configurator now and I have set the right parameters.
Before changing the config this settings are compatible also with AMD cards?
The other question is: if I make a backup of the config file and something goes wrong can I select the old config file for the boot in clover?
Before making any changes, you can:
  • Copy the entire EFI folder from the EFI partition of your main system drive to the EFI partition of your USB macOS installer. Replace (NOT merge) the EFI folder that's already there.
  • This way, you can boot from the USB installer in the event that whatever changes you make prevents you from booting in to macOS.
  • It's advisable to always keep a working copy of your EFI folder on a bootable USB flash drive such as the USB installer.

The changes that I suggested should not affect your AMD card's functionality.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok, perfect!

In BIOS, enable IGPU, set your RX 580 to be Primary Display, set DVMT Pre-Allocated to 64MB or more.
What do you mean with "DVMT Pre-Allocated to 64MB or more". I can't find the right parameter. How much more than 64MB?

I have done all the steps, I got the IGPU working. Watching the Sony Camp 4K Demo now the CPU is 13,4% vs 212,5% without any changes in the Radeon performance (I will leave images with test for others interested in this).

The question is: why in iStat Mens "Intel UHD Graphics 630" processor is 0% all the time? Is it a software bug?

Attachments

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok, perfect!

What do you mean with "DVMT Pre-Allocated to 64MB or more". I can't find the right parameter. How much more than 64MB?

I have done all the steps, I got the IGPU working. Watching the Sony Camp 4K Demo now the CPU is 13,4% vs 212,5% without any changes in the Radeon performance (I will leave images with test for others interested in this).

The question is: why in iStat Mens "Intel UHD Graphics 630" processor is 0% all the time? Is it a software bug?
Here's a screenshot of how it looks on my BIOS. I had it set to 192MB when I took the screenshot, but 64MB should be fine.

171208122519.jpg

If CPU usage is at 13.4%, then you have it enabled and it's working.

Yes, iStat Menus will always show the IGPU at 0% usage. I guess it's a bug... I don't know...

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
This is the screenshot of the bios setting. It is not the same as mine. I don't see the same settings as yours, but they works fine so I think I can leave them as they are

Is there a particular reason why you have increased the MB to 192 from 64?

Attachments

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
This is the screenshot of the bios setting. It is not the same as mine. I don't see the same settings as yours, but they works fine so I think I can leave them as they are

Is there a particular reason why you have increased the MB to 192 from 64?
I don't know why you don't have the option to set the DVMT Pre-Allocated, but if Quick Sync is working, I guess it's fine. I think it can be an issue if you use IGPU for display but you have a dGPU so you should be okay.

No reason. I was just testing to see if there were any differences between 64MB and 192MB. I couldn't see any and reverted back to 64MB.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390 I-Gaming
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
UHD 630 / RX 590
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I don't know why you don't have the option to set the DVMT Pre-Allocated, but if Quick Sync is working, I guess it's fine. I think it can be an issue if you use IGPU for display but you have a dGPU so you should be okay.

No reason. I was just testing to see if there were any differences between 64MB and 192MB. I couldn't see any and reverted back to 64MB.
you need to enable igpu, save, reboot, then set dvmt memory

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger
CPU
I7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
iOS
High Sierra 10.13.6 will recognize the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB graphics card OOB which is why I'm using this card is serveral of my rigs. You may have problems with other brands/models of AMD cards.

To switch graphics cards, first boot using the GTX 960. In the config.plist, set the SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb = No. Then, remove the Nvidia drivers using the Nvidia System Preference pane Uninstall option. When it wants to reboot, shut down and install the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB graphics card. That should do it. :thumbup:
Just bought a second hand Sapphire Pulse RX580 8 gb today, and followed your indications. It *almost* worked OOB : I get a purple screen when logging in to OSX ( I'm still on High Sierra).

I am using a DVI-to-HDMI cable to connect to my monitor, this scheme has been working like a charm with my previous GTX 960 board for several months. So I replicated the same type of connection when I first plugged in the RX580 but bumped into that purple color problem.

Note that on booting, either into UEFI or during initial "Apple loading" , the colours are perfectly normal - the while apple is really white. It's only after the hackintosh gets into login screen that the screen becomes purple.

I got rid of that issue by using a HDMI to HDMI cable plugged into the HDMI port of the RX580 instead of the DVI port.

So , the question is : what could have cause this purple screen when I use the DVI port ? When I connect the DVI-HDMI cable to a secondary monitor ( my tv screen in fact) the tv screen inherits from that purple tinge, while my main monitor ( i.e using hdmi-hdmi connection) displays correct colours. Any idea what could be wrong? I checked in the forum, and there are a couple of cases mentioning a quite similar issue, but I could not really make sense out of the threads . More specially I do not understand why this connection worked fine with my previous nvidia GTX 960 and not working correctly with the RX580.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@HacKDo, no idea what is causing your problem. I think you problem is for the Graphics gurus in the Graphics forum section. However, if your monitor uses an HDMI, then use the RX 580's HDMI port since it works.