Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@Stork @pastrychef @WarMachine I sold my 980 and got the RX580. This thing is plug and play. Running Mojave without changing anything.

I have one issue though. When my hackintosh goes to sleep, I can click my mouse and keyboard to wake it up. I can see that the Hackintosh is on but my display shows "No Signal". I use the HDMI port. If I unplug and plug HDMI back in, it works. So at the moment, wake from sleep is somewhat working. Any idea what could cause this issue?

I have read multiple things like RadeonDeInit, darkawake and setting CFB_FB_LIMIT. I don't want to try all of them without having any background on them.
Try a different, higher quality HDMI cable.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@dirtydignity If your RX 580 is a Sapphire Pulse 8GB card, see my post install section in Post #1. You made need to change the FrameBuffer. :thumbup:

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
@dirtydignity If your RX 580 is a Sapphire Pulse 8GB card, see my post install section in Post #1. You made need to change the FrameBuffer. :thumbup:
I ran the DPCIManager and it shows the Graphic Card Model as Radeon RX 580 with Framebuffer ATY,AMD,RadeonFrameBuffer

I am using Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 580 8GB GDDR5 11265-01

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have updated my FB to Orinoco and enabled InjectATI and InjectIntel

So far it is working as expected but it's too early to tell. I will post an update in a couple of days.

Attachments

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I ran the DPCIManager and it shows the Graphic Card Model as Radeon RX 580 with Framebuffer ATY,AMD,RadeonFrameBuffer

I am using Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 580 8GB GDDR5 11265-01
That's the generic FrameBuffer for AMD cards when Apple's drivers don't recognize the RX 580. Sapphire has several versions of the RX 580 Pulse 8GB card which is why I had to use the config.plist patch to set the FrameBuffer to Orinoco. See MyHero II build description post MultiBeast installation for how to do this.

UPDATE: You wrote about doing just that in the previous post as I was writing this post. Enjoy!

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
It's been a week since I made the change to framebuffer type and I am very happy with the results. The sleep/wake works as expected and no more shenanigans with HDMI cable.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, I have completed a successful build following all the steps. Thanks @Stork for work wonderfull build.
I would like to know if someone has enabled quick sync in this build and how.
I would like also to know what are the benefits of doing it and the downsides (if there are).
Thanks

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, I have completed a successful build following all the steps. Thanks @Stork for work wonderfull build.
I would like to know if someone has enabled quick sync in this build and how.
I would like also to know what are the benefits of doing it and the downsides (if there are).
Thanks
Quick Sync is enabled on real Macs that have the capability and, if you want to mimic a real iMac as closely as possible, you should enable it too. I am unaware of any disadvantages to having Quick Sync enable, it's all positive.

You can try downloading the Sony Camp Demo Video and play it in QuickTime with and without Quick Sync enable to see the difference. Without Quick Sync, CPU usage will probably be around 200% if it even plays at all. With Quick Sync, CPU usage will probably not exceed 10%. This is because of the hardware decoding.

Enabling is a simple matter of enabling IGPU in BIOS. Since you are using an 8th gen CPU, there's nothing else to do. In fact, you should check your config.plist to (1) make sure InjectIntel is not enabled, (2) make sure you are not using any fake platform-id, (3) make sure no device properties are being injected.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks @pastrychef for the quick answer.

(1) seems I have checked the InjectIntel. Should I disable the checkbox in clover configurator and it is fine?
(2) ig-platform-id (hope this is the parameter you are referring to) is blank (see image config1)
(3) Opening clover configurator Devices panel no devices properties seems to be edited (again, hoping this is the right place to check) (see image config2)

Attachments

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks @pastrychef for the quick answer.

(1) seems I have checked the InjectIntel. Should I disable the checkbox in clover configurator and it is fine?
(2) ig-platform-id (hope this is the parameter you are referring to) is blank (see image config1)
(3) Opening clover configurator Devices panel no devices properties seems to be edited (again, hoping this is the right place to check) (see image config2)
It appears that you are using an older version of Clover Configurator. Get the latest version and you should see the following section:
Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 7.57.17 AM.png

In config.plist > Graphics, uncheck Inject Intel and uncheck Inject ATI.

In BIOS, enable IGPU, set your RX 580 to be Primary Display, set DVMT Pre-Allocated to 64MB or more.