RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Dear My Hero lovers,

Just a quick heads up for the latest High Sierra security update 2018 (003).
In case you wonder, why the update didn't work OOB (at least on my build): It doesn‘t matter, if you are updating from the MAS or directly from the downloaded DMG. After applying, you need to boot into the installer in the Clover menu. (In my case 2x after a reboot). After that, you can d/l the newest NVIDIA driver and things run smooth again.

I‘m writing this, because until High Sierra, every security update runs automatically on my build from beginning to finalisation without going to the Clover procedure. Strange...

Best
M.
Thanks for the heads up. :thumbup:

csw

Motherboard
Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
RX580
Wondering if another one running into the same issue:
After I upgraded to Mojave, Preview is not longer working for jpeg files. I can't open jpeg images in preview or view them in finder.
2019-01-13_12-16-00.png

2019-01-13_12-17-30.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Z170 ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO-2202
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, iBook, iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Dear my Hero lovers,

Newest High Sierra Security update (2019-001) works, if you do it like in post #1600. Maybe you have to do it more than one time.
In the end it'll work. Our Hero is a very robust machine! :thumbup:
Nvidia web driver is up to date, too. You can d/l it from the tonymac86 Downloads > NVIDIA drivers.
Good updating...

best
M.

Motherboard
ASUS Z170 ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
LC
Mobile Phone
iOS
Has anyone tried this Stork Hero Build with the recently released macOS 10.14.3 (Mojave) update?
My build is similar to Stork's original, but with Sapphire Vega56, NVMe drive, and bcm94360cd wi-fi card.

I'm rebuilding my machine from scratch, so any pointers or information on gotchas would be appreciated.

TIA

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO
CPU
i5-6600k
Graphics
RX 570
Hoping someone might be able to help me figure out how I messed up my rig. I started to do a clean install of Mojave on a new Samsung 970 NVMe using a Corsair 16 Gb flash drive, but for some reason after updating the BIOS to the latest version, the flash drive would not be recognized in any USB port I tried, it would go to boot and then there would be nothing but a "j" on the screen. So I tried to return to my Sierra NVMe, but it was a no go with the latest BIOS. I would get the terrible graphic lag. So I rolled the BIOS back to 2202 that I was on before, and now I just get a hang at the Apple logo. I can't boot in Safe Mode. I booted in Verbose and uploaded a pic of that here. Can anyone shed some light on what may be the problem?

Attachments

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can anyone shed some light on what may be the problem?
Lilu.kext is old and must be updated - Boot with -liluoff.

FakeSMC.kext from 2015 - Update it.

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
@Stork I am giving up on Nvidia drivers and taking out the 980 out of the system. Will the IGPU drive 4K at 60Hz (not for gaming but desktop use)?

If yes, do I just use intel 530 or something different?

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@dirtydignity, I don't know since I only have used a descrete graphics card with MyHero. You'll have to check the User's Manual. I know (from reports) that macOS doesn't not support HDMI 4K at 60MHz, only 30MHz which will give you a lousy 4K display using HDMI. So, you'll need to use the on-board DisplayPort. Maybe @pastrychef knows the answer to your question.