Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
If nothing happens means that you execute the command and it comes back with a prompt, then you have no SSDTs or DSDTs loading.

The command works. I took advice from Stork and added it to my .Profile so that it runs when I open the Terminal.

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 23.55.39.png

Last edited:
I'm having some issues with shutdown on this build.. every time I shutdown the computer it powers off then boots of its own accord in about 10secs. Any ideas what I may have done wrong please?

You could try the Fixshutdown in clover configurator.

Personally, I don't use those apps. But, based on what others have written, an i7 6700K should be more than capable of running these apps efficiently. Choosing a good video card will also help. GTX 970 or above should fit the bill nicely. Stork's build here is a very capable system.

Anyway, we are straying from the main topic of this thread. You can seek more advice in the Buying Advice sub-forum.
Thank. What matters most to me is that the system is installed without problems such as audio and boot, because I suffer from these problems on my current computer

Thank. What matters most to me is that the system is installed without problems such as audio and boot, because I suffer from these problems on my current computer

Follow Stork's guide and booting and audio will work fine.

@Macmagoo -- I just moved the SSDT another time in the patched folder. now it works :)

@Stork -- thanks for the tip with the logoff - works. I just planned to make this quicker with a apple script but I can't figure out what so set for an immediate logoff. my script just opens the dialog box with the obligatory 60 seconds timer. Any suggestions? Thanks

script:
tell application "System Events"
log out
end tell

updated to 10.12.5 and all is well. In fact my Fenvi T919 finally got recognized and is now fully functional

Hey, Stork, et al. I have been reading through the thread over and over since probably March trying to build up the courage to put all the parts together...for months now. Just starting to build it as new graphics cards are now working with Sierra. :p The graphics card I got is one from the buyer guide but other than that, I tried to get like components.

I haven't done anything invasive with hardware since the 90s, helping my dad put more RAM and better graphics cards in the family computer. The checklist, the screenshots...the kind answers at all levels of knowledge... I am really blown away by the community here and the resourcefulness of everyone. Everything from how to get USBs and sleep mode to work to the build of the Mac Pro where someone actually spun aluminum into a can shape to make the case...I am just blown away. Stork, hope you get paid good money, guy!

I will let you all know how it is going and maybe take some pictures if I have trouble or maybe find a fix for something with the different graphics card. Right now still too overwhelmed!! (First post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back