Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should I see after running the bdmesg command? It just returns to the command line with no output. When I mount my EFI partition I do not see anything under the ACPI patched folder. Should my ssdt for my processor show there?

What should I see after running the bdmesg command? It just returns to the command line with no output. When I mount my EFI partition I do not see anything under the ACPI patched folder. Should my ssdt for my processor show there?
Yes.

Hi all,

Do you have an idea, how to turn off usb power when the system is off?

My "problem" is a Startech KVM switch on which my usb keyboard, mouse and my Cinema Display are connected. On the other side is my "normal" Mac Pro.

When I enable the S5 state, after I shout down my hackintosh, the switch is powerless. So far so good. If I turn it back on, the switch doesn't get the power. So no keyboard/mouse is active. Plug in and out brings it back to life.

When I power up my Mac Pro.... the switch instantly get's all the juice it needs.

When I disable ErP, it worked, but the switch is on the whole time. Even if my Hero build is off.

Do I miss a switch/button/checkmark somewhere?

Thx in advance for your help.
Best
Michael

Hi, Stork,
I almost use all of your recommends as my first built but just the graphic card that I change to the GTX 980 Ti. But when I into my video card, there is no signal on my monitor, I don't know why. Could you give me some advice how to solve this problem?
Thank you!

Did you install the Nvidia drivers and add the Clover Nvidia parameter to the config.plist file?

If so, there are several threads on the 980 Ti in the Graphics forum section that will probably help you.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/graphics.13/

Did you install the Nvidia drivers and add the Clover Nvidia parameter to the config.plist file?

If so, there are several threads on the 980 Ti in the Graphics forum section that will probably help you.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/graphics.13/
No, I didn't install anything. I just finished the hardware built, I haven't started to install the system yet.
Do I need setup the bios and install the system first and then into the GTX 980 Ti?

No, I didn't install anything. I just finished the hardware built, I haven't started to install the system yet.
Do I need setup the bios and install the system first and then into the GTX 980 Ti?
No, install the graphics card and just follow my installation steps in Post #1; they discuss the BIOS setup, etc.

No, install the graphics card and just follow my installation steps in Post #1; they discuss the BIOS setup, etc.
Sorry, I am a newbie and I am a little confused. my computer doesn't have any system. If I want to install Mac OS, I need to buy Mac OS X Snow Leopard Retail DVD first and then update to the Capitan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back