Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you load multibeast? it won't boot unless you do off the HD EFI

You needed the MultiBeast option
Customize > Graphics Configuration > Intel HD 530​
since you don't have a discrete graphics card like I do.

I had the 530 selected and installed from MultiBeast.
I wiped the drive and started over and got the same results.
I wiped the drive again and installed El Capitan without a problem (except funky graphic effects, but at least it would load from the EFI on the hard drive).

I followed the guide and installed Sierra. I can boot using the USB EFI fine but when I try to boot from the EFI on the hard drive the boot fails and restarts. Here's a picture
Make sure you've set (BIOS) System Agent > Configuration >DVMT Pre Allocate = 64MB, default is set at 32MB which will cause a kernel panic as seen in your photo.

I had the 530 selected and installed from MultiBeast.
I wiped the drive and started over and got the same results.
I wiped the drive again and installed El Capitan without a problem (except funky graphic effects, but at least it would load from the EFI on the hard drive).
From where did you download El Capitan? Sierra?

Got Sierra to install and boot off internal EFI! The changes i made were: 1) the BIOS DVMT change from 32 to 64 and, 2) put the USB drive in the "serial port" row. I just realized I used the usb port thats in between the bottom usb and the serial but it seemed to have worked okay.

the BIOS DVMT change from 32 to 64
This didn't cause a kernel panic in earlier versions of macOS Sierra, there were just horrific graphical glitches when set to 32MB. Glad you've installed ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back