Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you trying to install El Capitan with a UniBeast created installation USB thumb drive?

yes 10.11.6 Following your guide. And used multiple usb drives too. Using built in video too no other card.

yes 10.11.6 Following your guide. And used multiple usb drives too. Using built in video too no other card.
Make sure you didn't Inject AMD or Nvidia when making the UniBeast installation thumb drive. If you did, you need to mount the installation USB thumb drive's EFI partition with EFI Mounter V3 and change those two graphics variables to "false" in the /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist file.

Make sure you didn't Inject AMD or Nvidia when making the UniBeast installation thumb drive. If you did, you need to mount the installation USB thumb drive's EFI partition with EFI Mounter V3 and change those two graphics variables to "false" in the /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist file.

Done made sure of that to.

As to follow up I am now booted and osx is installed. I had to use a direct usb 2.0 connection off the board. I usb 2.0 hub connected to usb 2.0 on the board. Now however I do not have bluetooth. I installed the intel 530 driver for video its a little off too. But at least now Im part way in. Any thoughts on this?

Unfortunately, I didn't use HD530 on either of my ASUS Z170 motherboards. Check out this thread in the Graphics forum section for more information on using HD530.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...grated-graphics-working-as-of-10-11-4.188891/

I can make it with the graphics till I get my 980ti going. Bluetooth I really want to work. When I install the video card do I install the drivers first then shutdown and install card. I assume I will also have to change something in clover too right. PC building is a breeze but all the commands I see start running together.

My Bluetooth is working. I'm temporarily using the GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 USB 2.0 Adapter which is listed in the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide, Accessories section. I'm also temporarily using a Rosewill AC1900 Wireless PCIe card (see also the Accessories section in the Buyer's Guide).

In a couple of weeks, I will be upgrading both of the above to the iMac Wireless/BT4 combo card & PCIe adapter card like I am using with my Gene system. (The package is on a slow boat from China.)

Any anticipation of issues regarding handoff/continuity? I've been scratching my head of a desktop build and wanted all things to fully work. I've concluded that if I just purchased all parts and mirror you're build that should eliminate any doubts in my mind.

Just looking to get a setup that is fully up and running to utilize all mac features (imessage/handoff/etc). Hopefully the Mac Sierra enhancements will work too but only time will tell on that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back