Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that it could be a problem if you do non-stop sustained reads or writes but I don't think anyone actually does that for extended periods of time. The speed and capacity would limit how long sustained transfers would last. For example, my 100GB transfer represents about 20% of the total capacity. How long could it have continued?

Updated to 10.11.6 via the MAS using the steps outlined in my Post #2 in the 10.11.6 Update thread. :thumbup:

TRIM survived the update as did the audio.

I have the same build with everything the same other than the case :/
I can't find a way to make the video card work can you show me how you got your gtx 760 working?!?!?

I have the same build with everything the same other than the case :/
I can't find a way to make the video card work can you show me how you got your gtx 760 working?!?!?
You need to apply the Nvidia web drivers. The version for 10.11.6 is not out yet. Beta drivers available here. At the Clover boot screen, click on the "Gears" icon and add Boot Argument value "nv_disable=1" (without the quotes) until you install the nVidia web drivers.

Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By doing completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

The version for 10.11.6 is not out yet

I think it is - I updated mine this morning through the Preference Pane : 346.03.15f01
Beta is 346.03.15b01

Is f Final and b Beta ? I don't know, just guessing.

I think it is - I updated mine this morning through the Preference Pane : 346.03.15f01
Beta is 346.03.15b01

Is f Final and b Beta ? I don't know, just guessing.
The "b" is for beta. BTW, a good place for to look for Nvidia web drivers is the MacVidCards site. However, a bunch of us are on the look out for the the new drivers when they occur. So, stay tune. :thumbup:

BTW, a good place for to look for Nvidia web drivers is the MacVidCards site. However, a bunch of us are on the look out for the the new drivers when they occur. So, stay tune. :thumbup:

I agree, however 346.03.15f01 is not on macvidcards yet but is available through the Preference Pane, that's what I was attempting to convey.

The M.2 NVMe/AHCI slot on motherboards is a must now-a-days. I use a 512GB M.2 SSDs which literally make fully

Hi Stork

I noticed that , for this Hero build , and contrarily to your Gene build, you did not use any specific nvme kext for your boot drive . Does the latest MultiBeast not require any ?

Hi Stork

I noticed that , for this Hero build , and contrarily to your Gene build, you did not use any specific nvme kext for your boot drive . Does the latest MultiBeast not require any ?
As I stated in Post #1, I am using the AHCI version of the Samsung M.2 series (the 951 vs. the NVMe 950) which, unlike the 950 NVMe, works OOB. I was also curious to see if the 951 ACHI M.2 made any perceivable difference in observed speed from the 950 NVMe version. It doesn't. So, the good news is that the Samsung 951 ACHI M.2 does not require a special kext.

Last edited:
I am curious to see how a NVMe SSD differs from a standard SSD in boot time. My hack ( I7-3370K and a Samsung 840 EVO SSD ) would take around 30 secs to boot - from powering on the hack until the El Capitan desktop is displayed and usable - with motherboard boot lego display removed , boot timeout set to 1 sec

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back