Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have the Fenvi T919 card, then it should work w/o any drivers or patching. If it's not the T919, return it if you can. If it is the T919, make sure you have the power cable connected to the USB 2 header. Other than those two points, I don't know how to solve your problem.

Thanks for the advice. The Fenvi is just a PCIe case for my Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2 NGFF - this should work just fine as well right?
I tried all all three USB headers at the bottom of my mobo - got Kernel Panic on two of them and ended up using the one on the right. Also I noticed that the system boots up fine and BT/Wifi works even if I don't even hook up the USB header...Got a Kernel Panic when tried to sleep my machine.

Is there a way to dig deeper into what is exactly causing my machine to wake up immediately after it goes to sleep?
I using Darkwake=0 currently.
Would it make sense to try to reset the sleep settings somehow as I'm actually using an image of my MacBook Pro instead of a clean install?

I'm won't be updating MyHero until later next week until after the 10.13.4 update "dust settles". Too much new/different "stuff" in the 10.13.4 update.

okay so i noticed that you sent me a fix for my wifi , but for some reason I cant even get to it. But now the new sets of issues that I have are as followes lol wifi cuts in and out no matter in sleep mode or not , and my audi goes on mute on its own. The wifi issue is the worst of them all

okay so i noticed that you sent me a fix for my wifi , but for some reason I cant even get to it...
I did? You know you're posting in MyHero build description, not my Gene build description.

...But now the new sets of issues that I have are as followes lol wifi cuts in and out no matter in sleep mode or not , and my audi goes on mute on its own. The wifi issue is the worst of them all
Unfortunately, I've never experienced a problem like that.

man this is why my avatar is a picture of Kaws astro confused lol , so sorry Yeah i just noticed im posting in the wrong spot ... worse off Im posting to the wrong person ... please forgive me bro .... lol ill get my life together soon lol . Not for nothing though I try navigating myself here and seem to make this mistake more times then not .

@Stork - can you please help me. My build is (nearly) a copy of yours - but I can't activate the USB3 Ports (from Intel-Chipset) after upgrading to 10.13.4.
The one from ASMedia works flawlessly - but not the ports from Intel and so not the front USB3 Ports at the case, too :(
I already made a complete fresh install of 10.13.4 - same problem.
Everything else works as perfect as before.

For sure I added the following kext2patch at my config.plist from PMHeart - no solution.

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Remove 15 port limit completely in 10.13.4</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g32UD5CQkJCQkA==
</data>
</dict>

Do you have any further ideas? Did just the patch do it for you? No further changes?

The only thing I found out, is the following.
If I deactivate the USBInjectAll - every port works fine. Sounds good BUT there will be no Bluetooth device after deactivating the USBInjectAll.
Do you work with a custom USB-SSDT and are willing to provide me the file?
I think it should work because we both use the same mainboard in our build.

After reading the guide for creating a custom USB-SSDT I'm definitely sure that I would never be able to manage this by myself

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend.

Maddeen, I have not yet updated to High Sierra 10.13.4 on MyHero - "real soon now." BTW, I have not created a SSDT-USB.aml as I'm still using the Increase 15 Port config.plist patch.

I also noticed, when comparing your config.plist patch to the one bogdanw published in the 10.13.4 Update thread, Post #84, you left out
Code:
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
I don't know if this makes a difference or not.

Additionally, pastrychef created a good tutorial on how he created an SSDT-USB for his GENE build. You can find the detailed (easy read) here and a shorter one here. Good luck! :thumbup:

I'll try to update MyHero with in the next couple of days. In the meantime, I recommend you post in the High Sierra Desktop Support forum section.

Maddeen, I have not yet updated to High Sierra 10.13.4 on MyHero - "real soon now." BTW, I have not created a SSDT-USB.aml as I'm still using the Increase 15 Port config.plist patch.

I also noticed, when comparing your config.plist patch to the one bogdanw published in the 10.13.4 Update thread, Post #84, you left out
Code:
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
I don't know if this makes a difference or not.

Additionally, pastrychef created a good tutorial on how he created an SSDT-USB for his GENE build. You can find the detailed (easy read) here and a shorter one here. Good luck! :thumbup:

I'll try to update MyHero with in the next couple of days. In the meantime, I recommend you post in the High Sierra Desktop Support forum section.

Thanks for your feedback. Until 10.13.4 I also used the 15port limit and no custom usb-ssdt and everything works fine.
I'm very interested in your feedback after updating...please give a short feedback when you updated your hero.

@Stork - a friend found my problem. In my DSDT was the following entry - after deleting this - all ports functional :)

Code:
"device-id",Buffer () {0x31,0x8c,0x00,0x00},

Last edited:
I don't know what happened but lately my external hard drives have been ejecting during sleep. When I wake my computer from sleep after 20 mins or so of sleep I return to a bunch of "disk not ejected properly" notifications–Several notifications for each external drive as if they were disconnecting and reconnecting...Any ideas?

Thanks!

I don't know what happened but lately my external hard drives have been ejecting during sleep. When I wake my computer from sleep after 20 mins or so of sleep I return to a bunch of "disk not ejected properly" notifications–Several notifications for each external drive as if they were disconnecting and reconnecting...Any ideas?

Thanks!
Have you updated to the latest BIOS? That's the only thing I can think of, Maybe pastrychef has some good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back