Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Stork - do you have airplay(to AppleTV) problems too?

The whole build working flawlessly - but (as far as I recordnize) between the 30th of Nov and now, something has changed. (maybe cause some updates to clover, osx or individual kext)

On the 30th Nov I streamed a movie via airplay to a AppleTV4 - cause it's my boys birthday, I recordnize very well. :)
Yesterday I want to stream again and now I got the problem (which I already had when I started with your build) that the second display acting like a flip book .. movie played with max 5FPS and the OSX server "VTEncodexxxxx" runs on 150% CPU. (see Screenshot) :(
Additionally the "test tool" MacX Video Converter showing that there is no hardware encoding. (Screenshot2)
I also tried Toledos new SSDT-hd530-airplay from his post - but movies still run like a flip book.
All individual kext are up to date.

Maybe you had the same problem and a solution as well :)

Thanks in advance for any information/ tipp

Screen#1

Screen#2

Unfortunately, I don't have an Apple TV to test Airplay.

Hello - is there any way to control the fan speed on the VIII Hero running High Sierra please? Installed the latest FakeSMC/HWMonitor/HWSensors but the HWMonitor fan controls aren't responding. Thanks

@Stork - do you have airplay(to AppleTV) problems too?

The whole build working flawlessly - but (as far as I recordnize) between the 30th of Nov and now, something has changed. (maybe cause some updates to clover, osx or individual kext)

On the 30th Nov I streamed a movie via airplay to a AppleTV4 - cause it's my boys birthday, I recordnize very well. :)
Yesterday I want to stream again and now I got the problem (which I already had when I started with your build) that the second display acting like a flip book .. movie played with max 5FPS and the OSX server "VTEncodexxxxx" runs on 150% CPU. (see Screenshot) :(
Additionally the "test tool" MacX Video Converter showing that there is no hardware encoding. (Screenshot2)
I also tried Toledos new SSDT-hd530-airplay from his post - but movies still run like a flip book.
All individual kext are up to date.

Maybe you had the same problem and a solution as well :)

Thanks in advance for any information/ tipp

Screen#1

Screen#2

You need to make sure that the Intel HD 530 is enabled in your config.plist. Depending on which system definition you are using, you may need to set up the HD 530 in a "headless" configuration.

Also, installing Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext can help.

Good find, it seems we will need to wait...
Please let us know when the correct version of the BIOS shows up. TIA.

Last edited:
BIOS published today for MAXIMUS VIII HERO :

Version 3703

2018/01/15

8.16 MBytes

MAXIMUS VIII HERO
Fixed SAMSUNG M.2 device issue.
Fixed SanDisk M.2 device issue.
Fixed AMD RADEON SSD device issue.
Improved DRAM compatibility.
Fixed SteelSeries keyboard issue.
Updated Intel CPU microcode.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Hi,

I have updated my BIOS to the 3703 version and everything good so far.

I've finished my Z370 X HERO / i7-8700K build, but am having some PITA issues with High Sierra (I knew I would as it is still buggy). I normally use Migration Assistant when installing on a new system, but HS' Migration Assistant is not working for me on 10.13.2 as in earlier versions of macOS. So, I'm awaiting 10.13.3 to come out, and, then, I'll write up a build description.

Now that 10.3.3 is out, when you think we will be able to see your guide? :D

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back