Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed HS GM version on Gene which uses a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe SSD. I removed all other disks and did a fresh install successfully.

RehabMan's note for 10.13 is if you are installing over Sierra (10.12) which uses RehabMan's Spoofing technique.

Do you know if that that also holds true for the Samsung SM951 NVMe PCIe M.2?

Do you know if that that also holds true for the Samsung SM951 NVMe PCIe M.2?
It's my understanding that 10.13 Note applies to all systems with NVMe using RehabMan's spoofing technique. Unfortunately, that's all I know so you best post your question(s) in his thread in the General Hardware Discussion forum section.

I removed all other disks and did a fresh install successfully
Hi @Stork,
Maybe I sound a little bit stupid, but I am really new in here and not english native so terminology is a problem.
What is it mean with fresh install. Formating the HDD to get it blank and then make the instalation?

Thank you!

Hi @Stork,
Maybe I sound a little bit stupid, but I am really new in here and not english native so terminology is a problem.
What is it mean with fresh install. Formating the HDD to get it blank and then make the instalation?

Thank you!
Yes. Fresh Install = formatting (erase) the installation target drive and then installing macOS.

I'm curious to know how you managed to fit an H55 to a 1151 motherboard. I ordered one because it says it's compatible with 1151 on Corsair's web page, but the backplate doesn't line up with the holes on the board.

I'm curious to know how you managed to fit an H55 to a 1151 motherboard. I ordered one because it says it's compatible with 1151 on Corsair's web page, but the backplate doesn't line up with the holes on the board.
Mine matched up. You may want to either contact Corsair's support or RMA the unit to get another one, like a Corsair H60/65.

@Stork I have the exact build as you. Audio from the board and HDMI audio were working absolutely fine on 10.12.6. I updated to High Sierra (added FakeSMC & apfs.efi) 10.13 and now both the audio is gone. Also, not all of my USB ports are recognized (some are and some not).

Hi, dirtydignity! Welcome to the HERO Club!

I haven't updated to High Sierra (See this post for the reason). However, for audio, use toleda's script, and, for USB ports, see tonymacx86's thread.

Stork I really like the whole setup, my question is the video card needed or can i just run it from the built one in motherboard, and maybe some recomendation on cheaper ram, and one last thing is there a problem on a update with hakintosh

Stork I really like the whole setup, my question is the video card needed or can i just run it from the built one in motherboard,...
Yes, but make sure the processor supports on-board viedo. Not all the Intel processors support on-board video.

...and maybe some recomendation on cheaper ram,...
See the Crucial Budget memory choices in the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide.

...and one last thing is there a problem on a update with hakintosh
Sometimes, but, if you wait to see how others do it, then you'll learn. An olde coaches saying, "Don't rush to fail!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back