Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks,
The LAN works correctly, too.
But my hack is in an corner at the couch. No cable there.
That's why I asked about Wlan... I'll check my settings in MultiBeast.

Do I really need the 3rd party SATA kext?

Also seems that I'm pleased too early.
I ran into a very flickering display after wake up. Any suggestions?

Here you can see it

...Do I really need the 3rd party SATA kext?
Yes, since the HERO has an ASMedia SATA controller.

Also seems that I'm pleased too early.
I ran into a very flickering display after wake up. Any suggestions?

Here you can see it
Welcome to the Pascal wake-up screen. UGH! It's a driver problem which Nvidia is working on fixing.

To stop the flickering, you have to brave through the flickering to the Apple Menu (top left of the monitor screen) and click on Logout. Then, again, brave through the flickering to the center of the screen, check the "Reopen windows when logging back in" and, finally, click the Log Out button. Log back in and all should be well. This is the only solution, described in the Graphics forum section in numerous threads, that works for me.

Last edited:
Thanks again
I found an entry on page 1-8

9. ASMedia serial ATA 6gb connectors

But for me I just need the z170 connectors. For now... :)

Your info about the Pascal driver is a pity, but probably the best answer, because it means, that is a temporary problem and not a problem of my hardware...i was a little bit afraid

Maddeen,
Please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

TIA.

Config.plist KextsToPatch

Name AppleAHCIPort
Find 45787465726E616C
Replace 496E7465726E616C
Comment External icons patch

Code:
<dict>
   <key>Name</key>
   <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
   <key>Find</key>
   <data>RXh0ZXJuYWw=</data>
   <key>Replace</key>
   <data>SW50ZXJuYWw=</data>
</dict>

See Clover Wiki

Thanks for that. But that fix was already present. I have internal disk icons but in Disk Utility it reads as external
screendiskutil.png

Nice! I look forward to hearing about your experiences testing other system definitions. Just as an FYI, AirPlay works fine with MacPro3,1 definition.
pastrychef Hi my friend I want to build a computer to edit the work I can use Adobe after 2017, Adobe Premiere Pro 2017, Adobe Photoshop 2017 and Final Cut Pro What are the appropriate specifications for me

I'm having some issues with shutdown on this build.. every time I shutdown the computer it powers off then boots of its own accord in about 10secs. Any ideas what I may have done wrong please?

pastrychef Hi my friend I want to build a computer to edit the work I can use Adobe after 2017, Adobe Premiere Pro 2017, Adobe Photoshop 2017 and Final Cut Pro What are the appropriate specifications for me

Personally, I don't use those apps. But, based on what others have written, an i7 6700K should be more than capable of running these apps efficiently. Choosing a good video card will also help. GTX 970 or above should fit the bill nicely. Stork's build here is a very capable system.

Anyway, we are straying from the main topic of this thread. You can seek more advice in the Buying Advice sub-forum.

@Stork
Sorry, but do you know another option to check if the SSDT.aml loads correctly.
I tried it twice with your terminal command.. nothing happens.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back