Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lopikolo

Just like Pastrychef said in Multibeast you need to go to the Customize/Graphics Configuration/Intel HD 350 and add that to you build list. Just to you let you know there is a know issue with HD 350, you will get a graphically glitch in the top left hand corner pretty consistently. To help mask it you can change the menu to the dark menu setting. Hope that helps.
I think i have intel hd 530 and not 350. It's the Onboard graphic card, I have orded a gtx 950 I will try to install the macOS when i got the graphics :)

Hi Lopikolo

Just like Pastrychef said in Multibeast you need to go to the Customize/Graphics Configuration/Intel HD 350 and add that to you build list. Just to you let you know there is a know issue with HD 350, you will get a graphically glitch in the top left hand corner pretty consistently. To help mask it you can change the menu to the dark menu setting. Hope that helps.

Guys i record it actually here

FOR ANY NEW Maximus 8 Hero Builders

Here's a current Youtube video that shows you the Hero motherboard layout and how to install the CPU and Ram.
If this will be your first build, watch this to learn how to properly install the CPU (I7) and DDR4 ram on this board.
The portion showing the install begins at the 19:40 mark in the video. Best of luck on your Hero build !

Last edited:
Thanks, trs96, for finding the video. :thumbup: I'll update the OP with a link to your post.

NEWEGG Reveals 11/21 early Black Friday sale price for the Maximus VIII Hero
Looks like a really nice deal if you plan on building one of these PCs for use as a CustoMac.

TRS 2016-11-11 at 1.55.29 PM.jpg

Nice find, trs96! :thumbup:

Here's the whole catalog if you're interested. A 6700K for $299 and an EVGA 1070 for $410 makes me want to build one !
Bottom line is: If you want one of these fantastic builds, wait at least till the afternoon of Nov. 21st. Then have that CC ready.

https://promotions.newegg.com/nepro/16-7416/index.html#p=1

Max8Hero $169
I7-6700K $299
32 GB Ram $180

You've got the main components for $568 and a build that will be relevant for many years to come.

Last edited:
I upgrade this mobo with Sierra and RX 480 Sapphire 8GB and works great for Final Cutand DaVinci!
Polaris have an issue with black screen in clover screen at boot, but setting IGFX as primary it's not a problem.
Maybe in the future this clover problem it's going to be repaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back