Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, that helps. Thanks for the clarification. Right now I'm running MacPro6,1 and it's been working quite well. Better than iMac14,2 for this version of MyHero with the Alpha it would seem. If I can just manage to update Clover right now to the most recent version, I'll be fine with that and then will proceed with the upgrade...

Does the most recent version of MultiBeast, 8.2.3, have the Sierra-capable Clover? Or do I need to run MultiBeast 9 on El Capitan before installing Sierra?

Okay, that helps. Thanks for the clarification. Right now I'm running MacPro6,1 and it's been working quite well. Better than iMac14,2 for this version of MyHero with the Alpha it would seem. If I can just manage to update Clover right now to the most recent version, I'll be fine with that and then will proceed with the upgrade...

Does the most recent version of MultiBeast, 8.2.3, have the Sierra-capable Clover? Or do I need to run MultiBeast 9 on El Capitan before installing Sierra?
You'll need to download and update your Clover or wait for MultiBeast 9 to appear (real soon now).

Yeah, hence my original situation where Clover fails to install via the pkg and my seeking to install it via source. I tried another pkg and it had problems as well. I'm fearful that somehow Installer.app is just fried itself somehow at this point and was hoping that an upgrade to 10.12 would resolve the overall issue... but it's seeming that I can't force a Clover update. :(

Stork,
Updated Clover and my front case ports work now. All is good.:clap:

After boot next day 2 front USB3 case ports on the fritz again in Sierra but still ok in El Capitan. :crazy:

Last edited:
So just to clarify @Stork, now that MultiBeast 9 is out, it seems that the best path for an update from 10.11.6 -> 10.12 in my case of having Clover not updating, is to use Unibeast 7.0.1 to create a Sierra install drive, boot to the flash drive, install Sierra which will update 10.11 to 10.12 and then run MultiBeast 9 with the same settings you initially noted in your instructions at the beginning of this post, correct?

yllapilate, correct. Works like a champ that way. Be - sure - to - backup!...unless you're doing a fresh install on another drive.

yllapilate, correct. Works like a champ that way. Be - sure - to - backup!...unless you're doing a fresh install on another drive.

Also if you are able Id clone it using a reliable software. I use Carbon Copy Cloner and never had a issue. Too many backups are sometimes a good thing. Ill be attempting this weekend.

@Stork pardon my posting here, but I'm rushing about and wanted to ask this real quick. Just tried the method I noted wrt booting into the Sierra installer with `nv_disable=1` in place, but I am hitting a hang when it boots. Have you seen this before?:

Well @Stork I did do `nv_disable=1` so that really shouldn't have been an issue in booting the installer from the USB created by UniBeast...

Interestingly, I didn't notice this before, but I do get the spinning beachball on the screen that I can move around with my Magic Trackpad while the text is still up on the screen from verbose boot.

I've put another post up more specific to this issue over here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back