Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello- Just did a complete wipe of machine. When trying to boot off of the usb to install macOS, it freezes at the end of the black and white progress bar with the apple above it. In verbose mode, I get the following (see attached). Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 85
Hello- Just did a complete wipe of machine. When trying to boot off of the usb to install macOS, it freezes at the end of the black and white progress bar with the apple above it. In verbose mode, I get the following (see attached). Any help appreciated.
Is the USB installer made with UniBeast/Clover or OpenCore? What version of macOS?

Unibeast. 10.15.7. Thank you.

Hello - I just updated Clover to 5128. When I reboot, the white Apple comes up with no progress bar and hangs. In verbose mode, I just see "********" going across the top of the screen and that's it. When I boot up from a UniBeast thumb drive and use Clover from there, everything is fine, and I can boot from there (except sound for some reason is gone). Any help appreciated. Thank you!

Hello - All of a sudden my Jabra USB headset and webcam aren't being recognized. I'm on 11.4 and on Clover 5136. Any help appreciated. Thank you!

Hello - All of a sudden my Jabra USB headset and webcam aren't being recognized. I'm on 11.4 and on Clover 5136. Any help appreciated. Thank you!
Did you (re)map your USB ports? Big Sur is very particular about USB port mapping.

BTW, I'm still on Catalina with this builid.

Can you point me in the right direction to see how to do this? Still loving this build after 5 years!

Can you point me in the right direction to see how to do this? Still loving this build after 5 years!

Thank you. I just restarted from scratch and put Catalina on. Everything is working great now, except when I completely shut down the computer and want to turn it back on later, it will not turn on, unless I unplug it and plug it back in. Then the power button will start working... Any ideas? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back