Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
New issue = not waking from sleep. I would appreciate your help.

Please launch Terminal and enter the following. Then post the output here.
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure

I typed it in and there was no output.

I typed it in and there was no output.

I have no idea what's causing your wake problems...

Does it have problems waking with just one monitor?

Just put my nVidia card back in and going back to 10.13 (need dual monitors to work). However, when I plug monitors into my nVidia card, I get a black screen. Any help appreciated. I went and disabled iGPU Multi-Monitor in BIOS. Anything else in the BIOS that may be affecting this? Thanks.

Last edited:
Just installed my GTX 950 and 10.13.6 and all updates. Then installed nvidia drivers and updated clover to latest version. Now when booting, I get black screen after clover. Nvidia web drivers option is checked in Clover. @pastrychef, Help appreciated.

Hello again- everything was working fine. Turned on the computer this morning and after Clover, I get black screen. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

In verbose mode, it stops at "end RandomSeed".

Edit: I used my unibeast thumb drive to boot it up and it works when booting from the thumb drive; however, how do I permanently fix? Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello again- everything was working fine. Turned on the computer this morning and after Clover, I get black screen. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

In verbose mode, it stops at "end RandomSeed".

Edit: I used my unibeast thumb drive to boot it up and it works when booting from the thumb drive; however, how do I permanently fix? Thank you.

Copy the entire EFI folder from the USB flash drive to the EFI partition of your main system drive.

Thank you pastrychef. Won't I lose all my config.plist settings...?

Thank you pastrychef. Won't I lose all my config.plist settings...?

Is everything working correctly when you boot from your USB flash drive? If yes, then the settings in your USB flash drive should be good. If not, then you can backup the config.plist from your main system drive first.

Nvidia drivers weren’t loaded but I didn’t try to enable them. Isn’t my confit.plist file on my main drive worthless at this point if it’s not working? Meaning I shouldn’t even back it up...? Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back