Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I have. It appears the only difference between the 2 is that the one that is working has a refresh rate of 59.88 (NTSC) while the other is 60. I am unable to change the refresh rate on either of them.

Okay. So both monitors are being detected. Does the HDMI work when it is the only monitor connected?

Yes! Just tried!

Edit: When I plug my DP monitor in, the computer switches the screen to the DP monitor and the HDMI monitor goes black and now comes up with a message: "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1920x1200, 60hz."

Yes! Just tried!

Edit: When I plug my DP monitor in, the computer switches the screen to the DP monitor and the HDMI monitor goes black and now comes up with a message: "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1920x1200, 60hz."

Is it possible to change this setting from the monitor itself?

If not, you may have to do framebuffer patching... You can try the following guide. I've never tried it so I won't be much help in this regard.

But, at the very least, we've got acceleration working and both monitors are being detected...

Looks a little intense. I'll give it a shot. Just in case, can you recommend a budget GPU that would go well with this system and work in Mojave? Thank you for all of your help!

Looks a little intense. I'll give it a shot. Just in case, can you recommend a budget GPU that would go well with this system and work in Mojave? Thank you for all of your help!

I have used two different versions of the AMD RX 560 from different manufacturers and both were just plug-n-play. I found my second one on eBay for $70 shipped. It works really well.

Remember to see if you can adjust the refresh rate on the monitor itself. Maybe if it has a PAL (50Hz) setting, it will work...

I don't see any way to change it. Would it matter if I enabled DP 1.2 on the monitor that is working?

I don't see any way to change it. Would it matter if I enabled DP 1.2 on the monitor that is working?

DisplayPort 1.2 shouldn't matter. The resolution you are using doesn't require it.

What I'm wondering is if the iGPU can handle the 2 monitors?

What I'm wondering is if the iGPU can handle the 2 monitors?

It should be able to handle two monitors especially with low resolutions like you are using...

1920x1200x2 = 4,608,000 pixels. That's about half the number of pixels as a single 4K monitor.
3760x2160 = 8,337,600 pixes.

New issue = not waking from sleep. I would appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back