Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
One is hooked through DP and the other is HDMI. The one not working is HDMI. I'm not sure about the resolution...

Hi Stork- just wanted to follow up on the above. I JUST did a brand new install (wiped drive clean) of Mojave. Using iGPU with 2 monitors attached and only one of them is showing up. ALSO, no sound is coming out of my speakers even though "internal speakers" is showing and the speakers are plugged into the green audio port. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Stork- just wanted to follow up on the above. I JUST did a brand new install (wiped drive clean) of Mojave. Using iGPU with 2 monitors attached and only one of them is showing up. ALSO, no sound is coming out of my speakers even though "internet speakers" is showing and the speakers are plugged into the green audio port. Thanks.
Do you mean "internal speakers"? See also Post #1220 for a fresh Mojave install.

Yes, I meant "internal". Just edited...

I followed your instructions; however, no sound are coming out of the speakers. Yet everything looks fine on screen (i.e. no "no audio device found", etc...". Thank you.

Go to Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup. I've found by "playing around" with the speakers in Audo MIDI Setup, I can find the right combo. I'm sorry but Gene is packed up for the trip North to our home after visiting family. I should be more helpful in a couple of days.

BTW, what do you see in the System Preferences > Sound > Output?

I got the sound working! The only thing remaining is getting my 2nd monitor working. Upon bootup, both monitors are mirrored (Clover, Apple bootup). In the middle of the Apple bootup sequence, my right monitor goes to sleep and that's it. Any help appreciated. Thank you!

I got the sound working!...
Share how you suceeded!
...The only thing remaining is getting my 2nd monitor working. Upon bootup, both monitors are mirrored (Clover, Apple bootup). In the middle of the Apple bootup sequence, my right monitor goes to sleep and that's it. Any help appreciated. Thank you!
Since you have a Nvidia GTX 950, I'm at a loss since I'm now using a MSI Vega 56 graphics card in Gene so I can run Mojave. Let me think about that for a bit.

Regarding sound, I pulled an extreme noob move and won't even go into it... ha.

Regarding the dual monitors not working, I actually pulled my GPU out and I'm using the built-in iGPU...

Edit: Something interesting... After I wake my computer from sleep, the right monitor (non-working) shows the white apple but blurry and distorted and then the monitor shuts off again when the left (working) monitor wakes up.

Last edited:
Any ideas on the above? I really appreciate anyone's help. Thank you.

Regarding sound, I pulled an extreme noob move and won't even go into it... ha.

Regarding the dual monitors not working, I actually pulled my GPU out and I'm using the built-in iGPU...

Edit: Something interesting... After I wake my computer from sleep, the right monitor (non-working) shows the white apple but blurry and distorted and then the monitor shuts off again when the left (working) monitor wakes up.
@pastrychef, Please help with @legaleye3000's problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back