Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello stork

was try to setup onboard raid on asus gene but during the installation boot up of usb installer the raid drive wont show up or hackintosh not yet supported?

thanks

Hey Stork. Best guide for hack =) thanks for that.
I'm using almost the same config as this Golden build. The only thing is the 1070 Pascal card i have.

The only thing that does't work as should is deep sleep.
The hack wont wake, won't response to Reset button. the only way is to long press the power button until it fully shutdown.

BTW, I'm using the 2002 bios.

Have you had those kind of problems?
I don't want fully kill the deeps sleep for this hack.

Hey Stork. Best guide for hack =) thanks for that.
Hi, fire1ce. Welcome to the GENE Club. :thumbup:

I'm using almost the same config as this Golden build. The only thing is the 1070 Pascal card i have.

The only thing that doesn't work as should is deep sleep.
The hack wont wake, won't response to Reset button. the only way is to long press the power button until it fully shutdown.

BTW, I'm using the 2002 bios.

Have you had those kind of problems?
I don't want fully kill the deeps sleep for this hack.
I am still on BIOS v2202 (I think that's the version you meant to type) mainly because the newer versions of the BIOS no longer keep NVRAM between restarts. NVRAM contains the parameter to keep using the Nvidia drivers. Otherwise, you'll have to use the "trick" I did with MyHero build. So, since you, too, have an i5, you don't need to upgrade...at least not yet.

Speaking of the Nvidia drivers, your problem with sleep may be fixed with the fix as stated in Post #1. In the Terminal, enter this command:
Code:
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
See if this works to solve your sleep problem.

Hi, fire1ce. Welcome to the GENE Club. :thumbup:

I am still on BIOS v2202 (I think that's the version you meant to type) mainly because the newer versions of the BIOS no longer keep NVRAM between restarts. NVRAM contains the parameter to keep using the Nvidia drivers. Otherwise, you'll have to use the "trick" I did with MyHero build. So, since you, too, have an i5, you don't need to upgrade...at least not yet.

Speaking of the Nvidia drivers, your problem with sleep may be fixed with the fix as stated in Post #1. In the Terminal, enter this command:
Code:
See if this works to solve your sleep problem.

wow thanks for the very quick replay.
about the bios yeh i meant 2202. I've downgraded it ti 2202 because of the NVRAM.

i've followed your guide to the full extend with all the tricks and quarks.
so,
Code:
was already executed.

I have some how a feeling that it may some how be contented to my power supply is corsair cs650m.
But I'm still unsure about this. =\

I have some how a feeling that it may some how be contented to my power supply is corsair cs650m.
But I'm still unsure about this. =\
Make sure your PSU is Haswell or newer "Ready" or "Certified". Intel Duo Core i3/i5/i7 Haswell processors use a lower idle/sleep power causing older (uncertified) PSUs to shutdown the system.

Make sure your PSU is Haswell or newer "Ready" or "Certified". Intel Duo Core i3/i5/i7 Haswell processors use a lower idle/sleep power causing older (uncertified) PSUs to shutdown the system.

took some time. but i've figured out the problem for the sleep. it was a Display Port connection from my Dell u2715h to the 1070. still not sure if its the monitor/1070/cable.

i've changed to HDMI output and now everything works great.

btw, i've overclocked it to 4.6 ghz. and made costume SSDT.

for now all works great.

took some time. but i've figured out the problem for the sleep. it was a Display Port connection from my Dell u2715h to the 1070. still not sure if its the monitor/1070/cable.

i've changed to HDMI output and now everything works great...
I use the DVI connection to my Dell 27".

i got 2 of them.
does dvi support 2k60hz? don't really remember.
Yes, if the graphics card supports higher resolutions, then make sure you have a "dual link" DVI cable. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back