Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan's new [Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra adds the capability to "turn on" USB charging for iDevices. Using the following config.plist mod allows my USB 3 ports to charge my iPhone.

The following is taken from RehabMan's Guide. Note: I'm using the iMac14,2 System Definition which is defined in Apple's /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/Info.plist. Again see RehabMan's guide for understanding what you'll have to do in addition if your SysDef is not in the supported list. iMac15,2 SysDef and earlier are supported while iMac16,x, iMac17,x and non of the Mac Pro SysDefs are in the list. So, you'll have to see RehabMan's guide for what to do.

Since I'm using the iMac14,2 SysDef, we can make the simple config.plist addition. In PlistEditPro or Xcode, add the following to the config.plist in ACPI > DSDT > Patches:
View attachment 255874

Or in a text editor (not recommend as it is too easy to screw up the formatting):
Code:
<key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Debug</key>
            <false/>
            <key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Patches</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Change EC0 to EC</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>RUMwXw==</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>RUNfXw==</data>
                </dict>
            </array>

Happy charging. :thumbup:

Glad it works for you Stork. :thumbup:

Hey Stork Thank you for this guide! I was finally able to boot MAC OSX Sierra 10.12.5 on my Hackintosh build. Cheers!!

Can you suggest which WiFi adapter choices we have with this build? I have Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula Motherboard. I did see Fenvi WiFi/BT PCIe card that works OOB? Are you using this one? or any other?

Hey Stork Thank you for this guide! I was finally able to boot MAC OSX Sierra 10.12.5 on my Hackintosh build. Cheers!!

Can you suggest which WiFi adapter choices we have with this build? I have Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula Motherboard. I did see Fenvi WiFi/BT PCIe card that works OOB? Are you using this one? or any other?
I am using the Fenvi T919 PCIe card with great success. It uses the same WiFi/BT4 card as the iMac. Unfortunately, the last time I looked, it is out of stock at Amazon (the site directs you to their other wireless products). However, keep looking as it is worth the $60 to work OOB.

Another option is to buy the PCI-e adapter card and the BCM94360CD separately and install the card yourself. It just requires attaching the antenna wires to the 94360CD card. I have used this one from Amazon.com and it worked no problem.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00THN281U/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-BC...316044?hash=item281bfde58c:g:kBgAAOSwGXtXgLrj

Thank you Stork & Trs96! I'll check them out.

Hello fellow Gene owners,

After two or three months of on and off troubleshooting, I have finally managed to get a stable OSX build. After completing my build, I would get a "no symbol," presumably from my PCIe ssd. I could always install Mac OS on the drive but never boot directly from it. No matter, that holds my windows OS at the moment. So after purchasing an 850 evo (simple SATA ssd), i found that to be much more suited to my newbie needs. It doesn't seem likely that I will want to put mac on the drive though, the 850 is plenty fast for my needs.
Next, I was having trouble keeping the NVIDIA web driver checked, it never booted correctly and got suck in verbose mode at the line IOConsoleUsers etc. Then I realized my 980ti was in the 8x slot. It had never occured to me that this would cause an issue, but sure enough, I was finally able to boot with the web driver. After some fiddling with clover configurator, I got the machine to boot by itself. This might have just been an issue for EMUVariableUEFI 64 users w/o native graphics, but the actual location of the card is what messed up the booting process. If anyone wants to test what occurs when their card is in the 8x slot it would be interesting to see.

Some last questions: how necessary is the SSDT.aml? (I want to overclock)
Because i ran clover installer and multibeast so many times in the bios I have maybe 20 listings of UEFI OS (the correct one is distinguished by saying it is stored on the 850 evo.) how do I get rid of these?
But the clover isn't showing my windows drive, and it is more zoomed in with the correct clover than the ones that arent actually stored on the drive? Any way to fix this?

Thanks for being helpful thread and getting me on my way to have a running hackintosh. Geekbench scores are in the 5000/20000

Stork quick question - Following your advice from the guide on the below -

To prevent Kernel Panics and Reboot
:ch: Open the installation drive's /Library/Extensions/ folder;
:ch: Find and trash the FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext;
:ch: Delete the Trash.

How do you monitor GPU Temp? HWmonitor doesn't says anything for GPU monitor? Does trashing the FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext not allow GPU Temp to be sensed at all by any software? or is there an alternate software to check?

How do you monitor GPU Temp? HWmonitor doesn't says anything for GPU monitor? Does trashing the FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext not allow GPU Temp to be sensed at all by any software? or is there an alternate software to check?
You don't with HWmonitor app.

To the best of my knowledge, the FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext has not been updated for the Nvidia Pascal (GTX 10x0) graphics cards. We're in a "hurry up and wait" mode until the kext is updated.

Stork's Gene Build: ASUS Maximus VIII GENE - i5-6600K - GTX 950
Hello, Stork

I'm excited on this board just arrived today, and I will try to install tonight. We'll see what's going to happen next. If some of components will not work, maybe I can ask a little help :)

Thanks

Attachments

• 14956902057901639435936.jpg
    14956902057901639435936.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back