Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly, in the secure boot setting I have it set as 'other os' but the secure boot state above says 'enabled'. Is it worth clearing the secure boot keys or something like that?
You could test deleting those keys and see what affect it has on your macOS Sierra drive boot option in the BIOS. The only thing that has changed since downgrading your BIOS is that is it been reset. Check under CSM as you have the option to use both Legacy and/or UEFI boot devices with priority. I have the Secure Keys deleted in my BIOS.

You could reset the CMOS too and see if that boot option reappears.

You could test deleting those keys and see what affect it has on your macOS Sierra drive boot option in the BIOS. The only thing that has changed since downgrading your BIOS is that is it been reset. Check under CSM as you have the option to use both Legacy and/or UEFI boot devices with priority. I have the Secure Keys deleted in my BIOS.

You could reset the CMOS too and see if that boot option reappears.

Thanks, I tried resetting the CMOS with the button in the back and then reset up the BIOS without the windows drive even plugged in but it keeps thinking that my hackintosh drive is a windows boot manager. I even tried copying the EFI partition from the working external usb installer to the hackintosh drive and it doesn't help- if I don't have the USB sierra installer plugged in, it just will post and then go into bios. This is so crazy, is there something else I have to do with the EFI partition to make it bootable? What's kind of interesting now is that EFI drive remains present all the time in os x, I don't have to make it visible through clover config anymore.

You can set Clover GUI resolution in your config.plist. In your BIOS try disabling CSM. When you reached the desktop, were the Nvidia drivers selected or had they defaulted to macOS drivers?
Disabling CSM has given me one 4k display but About this Mac shows only 33Mb Graphics. even after installing Emuvariableuefi-64, Nvidia reverts to the default macOS driver still after selecting the Web driver. I checked that it's installed on the correct EFI partition. The 2nd screen (DP) has no signal. Any suggestions as to where to go next?

Did both of you add RC scripts to your EmuVariableUefi-64 installation?
it keeps thinking that my hackintosh drive is a windows boot manager.
This is because you formatted it using Windows. I mentioned to format it using Terminal. This can be still be done and add your EFI folder to the EFI partition. You should need to mount your macOS EFI partition.

Disabling CSM has given me one 4k display but About this Mac shows only 33Mb Graphics. even after installing Emuvariableuefi-64, Nvidia reverts to the default macOS driver still after selecting the Web driver. I checked that it's installed on the correct EFI partition. The 2nd screen (DP) has no signal. Any suggestions as to where to go next?
Check when you mount the EFI partition that beside the EFI folder there is an nvram.plist. If this isn't present install RC scripts.

Did both of you add RC scripts to your EmuVariableUefi-64 installation?

This is because you formatted it using Windows. I mentioned to format it using Terminal. This can be still be done and add your EFI folder to the EFI partition. You should need to mount your macOS EFI partition.

Check when you mount the EFI partition that beside the EFI folder there is an nvram.plist. If this isn't present install RC scripts.

There is no nvram.plist anywhere on the EFI partition and nothing appeared after installing RC scripts. If the nvram.plist is a standard for all installations, could you post a copy - if adding it would solve the problem?

Sorry everyone, I forgot to write newer state of my problem. After searching and reading every posts here on tonymacx86 I tried instructions from this post. Now everything works except artefacts in iBooks, Xcode or similar applications. I can see nvram.plist in the root of my EFI partition on startup disk.

I read every posts about BIOS version between now and my last post. I have updated BIOS into up to date version, the latest provided on Asus page is 'Version 3007'. Actually also I don't have any problem with NVME ssd. His speed looks ok.

The final statement is macOS 10.12.2 (16C68) works properly except fragment, so I hope for updated web driver in short time to fixing that issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 23.24.31.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 23.24.31.png
    394.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 23.24.54.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 23.24.54.png
    274 KB · Views: 137
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 23.25.30.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 23.25.30.png
    784 KB · Views: 140
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 23.28.55.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 23.28.55.png
    560 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 21.23.37.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 21.23.37.png
    714.9 KB · Views: 133
My USB2 headers on the motherboard arent working. USBinjectAll.ktext is installed. Tried GenericUSBXHCI.kext but that didnt help. thoughts?
I can't get my bluetooth working as I need a USB2 header. if I plug in a USB drive into the header it works in the bios but the light shuts off as soon as MacOS starts loading.

Edit: Re-Ran multi beast with the described config from post 1 but didnt help. only lists USB3 controller in system preferences.

Last edited:
only 3 of my USB 3 ports work in USB3 mode, the rest are USB2. what am I doing wrong here??

only 3 of my USB 3 ports work in USB3 mode, the rest are USB2. what am I doing wrong here??
I recommend you follow pastrychief's lead in taking the 15 port increase (in Config.plist) and the USBinjectAll.kext to a more permanent configuration. (Unfortunately, I've not had the time to do it and post here.)

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/page-65#post-1366119

Pastrychef's 1st post in his Golden Build GENE description has the SSDT-USB.aml file you can use if you want to use his method.

BTW, pastrychef's post is in ammulder's excellent 10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide.

Seems like we need a custom SSDT for the port config instead of the USBinjectAll workaround, I tried to follow rehabman's guide but after identifying the ports in use I couldn't figure out what to do next. Do you think you could do this Stork? I will try the links provided in the mean time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back