Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to extract anything from the Clover installer with Pacifist.
Run the installer(double click on it) and select Continue, Continue, Continue, Agree then Customise.
It'll open up some tick boxes. Tick the Box under Drivers64UEFI > √ EmuVariableUefi-64 and tick the box √ Install RC scripts on the target volume. Ignore what is already selected and leave them selected. Click Install > Enter password.
The Installer completes. Open Nvidia Driver Manager and Select NVIDIA Web Driver > you'll need to unlock it with your password. It will ask you to restart. Restart and you should be now running the Web Driver.

I think that updating my bios caused the issues that I am having too. I followed these instructions and now when I reboot it says that it running the nvidia web drivers but I still don't get hardware acceleration. When I look at my system information it says '8mb nvidia' without the specific 980ti card that I have. Is there anything else that I could try? Thanks so much for your previous posts!

I think that updating my bios caused the issues that I am having too. I followed these instructions and now when I reboot it says that it running the nvidia web drivers but I still don't get hardware acceleration. When I look at my system information it says '8mb nvidia' without the specific 980ti card that I have. Is there anything else that I could try? Thanks so much for your previous posts!
Check that you are not injecting Nvidia via your config.plist. Check under the Graphics Section > InjectNvidia - No

Check that you are not injecting Nvidia via your config.plist. Check under the Graphics Section > InjectNvidia - No

Thanks for the tip, I am enclosing my anonymized config.plist below if it is helpful but I indeed am not injecting nvidia. Man, I really wish that I could downgrade my bios firmware at this point but when I try to the bios just rejects it.

One possible lead is that when I installed that clover you linked over, I didn't really pay attention to things to uncheck, I just checked the additional ones that you mentioned and now my clover screen is old style. I don't really care but is that something I should fix and how?

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.4 KB · Views: 209
Thanks for the tip, I am enclosing my anonymized config.plist below if it is helpful but I indeed am not injecting nvidia. Man, I really wish that I could downgrade my bios firmware at this point but when I try to the bios just rejects it.

One possible lead is that when I installed that clover you linked over, I didn't really pay attention to things to uncheck, I just checked the additional ones that you mentioned and now my clover screen is old style. I don't really care but is that something I should fix and how?
Are you still without acceleration for your 980? You can change the theme of Clover under the GUI section of your config.plist - current config.plist GUI/Theme = Embedded. You shouldn't need to downgrade your BIOS since adding EmuVariableUefi-64 does the same as having native NVRAM. Can you post a screen shot of the NVIDIA Manager window and post it here.

Are you still without acceleration for your 980? You can change the theme of Clover under the GUI section of your config.plist - current config.plist GUI/Theme = Embedded. You shouldn't need to downgrade your BIOS since adding EmuVariableUefi-64 does the same as having native NVRAM. Can you post a screen shot of the NVIDIA Manager window and post it here.

Thanks, here are my screenshots! I am still having issues with the acceleration.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 2.33.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 2.33.55 PM.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 2.34.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 2.34.15 PM.png
    333.5 KB · Views: 120
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 2.34.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 2.34.24 PM.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 129
here are my screenshots
Did you unlock and select Nvidia web drivers. Before unlocking had they defaulted to the macOS drivers?
To install EmuVariableUefi-64 run the installer installing to your boot drive. You will see at the top of my Clover Window you can install a theme.
Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 20.46.23.png

Last edited:
Did you unlock and select Nvidia web drivers. Before unlocking had they defaulted to the default drivers?
To install EmuVariableUefi-64 run the installer installing to your boot drive. You will see at the top of my Clover Window you can install a theme.
View attachment 230947

Thanks, yeah before installing the EmuVariableUEfi-64 files, it kept defaulting back to the default drivers so I am a step in the right direction for sure. I did check the boxes that you mentioned in that install but it doesn't seem to fix the issue.

Installing the EmuVariableUefi-64 driver will make your life better. :thumbup:

Thanks, yeah before installing the EmuVariableUEfi-64 files, it kept defaulting back to the default drivers so I am a step in the right direction for sure. I did check the boxes that you mentioned in that install but it doesn't seem to fix the issue.
Check your /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folder and see if EmuVariableUefi-64 is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back