Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stork, thanks for your great guide. I want to buy same build. I have a question, which Bios version do u have? The 1302 or 1202 maybe older?

Hello Stork
I had a little problem with installing the system
my Motherboard is the same as yours (M8G) and CPU is I7 6700K
But I don't have any GPU right now.
Can I install hackintosh successively?
BTW I have followed your installing step, BUT I can't even enter the installing page

like this 12435588_1521675288130405_794218888_n.jpg
sorry for my poor English

thank you~

Hi Stork, thanks for your great guide. I want to buy same build. I have a question, which Bios version do u have? The 1302 or 1202 maybe older?
1202. Your question made me realize that 1302 must have just been released. (It was just released - on Christmas day.) I will be updating soon.

Hello Stork
BTW I have followed your installing step, BUT I can't even enter the installing page

like this View attachment 169374

thank you~
Make sure you are using a USB 2.0 thumb drive. Use the USB 3/2 blue ports on the Rear Panel.

I have not had the opportunity to test the Display Port connections since I don't have a Display Port monitor with me at the present time. I have used DVI and HDMI for using two monitors, though.

I have a similar build with the GENE VII Z97 board using a GTX 950. I can tell you that the displayport works just fine.

The only thing I did different from the tonymacx86 Guide at this stage was when the Clover boot screen came up, I clicked on the options (the gears icon), selected the Boot Args, replaced the "nvda-drv=1 " with "nv_disable=1".

If the above doesn't work, boot into the BIOS to make sure the graphics selection is on Auto (Advanced > System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration). Shut down and remove the graphics card. Connect your monitor to one of the motherboards graphics ports. Then boot into the UniBeast installer.

One of these two methods should work for you.

BTW, make sure your BIOS is the current version. :thumbup:

I have to agree with Stork (whose advice is always worth reading fully).

In previous builds I could get around GPU problems, but with the latest El Capitan and Clover, it was so much easier with onboard graphics instead of discrete.

Once up and running, put the card in and fine-tune.

:)

So, don't hold back, what did you do to make your system work?
Ok, i'll try to explain it:

I got the error where it's grappled text, i thought first it was with the graphics but found out later it actually said: still wating for root device and also i got the "Bluetooth not found"-problem. So I started reading Rehab's stuff on clover install and followed his guide entirely with a few tweaks.

I installed the newest clover on the USB:

As Kext on my EFI-partition on my USB-install I put:
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

Also I removed all the folders except "others".
I cape upon SSDT-USB-Maximus-VIII-Hero for my Motherboard to put in ACPI > Patched folder.

In Config.plist under Kexts to patch I added:

a few things:

Here is my config.plist View attachment config.plist

And in Clover Config I added in SMBIOS Mac 3,1 for computer.

When rebooted into Clover I added nv_disable=1 and started it in verbose mode.

When i came in i installed the nvidia webdriver for my GTX 980-ti like you told me.

After don't forget to add the things you've added to your config.plist in your config.plist on your EFI-partition where you've installed MAC. Installed: IntelMausiEthernet.kext as a network driver as well.

After that everything worked. Logic Pro X, Ableton, everything works!

I've also installed Windows 8 as a dual system running on the same disk in another partition.

Dunno if it all makes sense, I suck at writing guides.. but yeah that's what I've done. Thanks so much man, without your giude and 4-5 other ones in here i would've never managed!

Cheers!

Also SynGatesFan200 I can't PM so please write here.

Hello Stork

like this View attachment 169374

thank you~

Hey man! When you boot into clover, go down to "options" and choose boot in verbose mode. There you can see what is causing the problem. I actually did all the wrongs USB-wise, I installed with a USB3.0 stick on a USBdrive in the front port. But it worked! Wouldn't recommend it though, i was unpatient and wanted to install it "quicker".

Take a screenshot what it says in verbose mode and I'll try to do the best I can to help you from there!

PS! As you can see from my specs, i have a similar build.

Ok, i'll try to explain it:

I got the error where it's grappled text, i thought first it was with the graphics but found out later it actually said: still wating for root device and also i got the "Bluetooth not found"-problem. So I started reading Rehab's stuff on clover install and followed his guide entirely with a few tweaks.

I installed the newest clover on the USB:

As Kext on my EFI-partition on my USB-install I put:
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

Also I removed all the folders except "others".
I cape upon SSDT-USB-Maximus-VIII-Hero for my Motherboard to put in ACPI > Patched folder.

In Config.plist under Kexts to patch I added:

a few things:

Here is my config.plist View attachment 169549

And in Clover Config I added in SMBIOS Mac 3,1 for computer.

When rebooted into Clover I added nv_disable=1 and started it in verbose mode.

When i came in i installed the nvidia webdriver for my GTX 980-ti like you told me.

After don't forget to add the things you've added to your config.plist in your config.plist on your EFI-partition where you've installed MAC. Installed: IntelMausiEthernet.kext as a network driver as well.

After that everything worked. Logic Pro X, Ableton, everything works!

I've also installed Windows 8 as a dual system running on the same disk in another partition.

Dunno if it all makes sense, I suck at writing guides.. but yeah that's what I've done. Thanks so much man, without your giude and 4-5 other ones in here i would've never managed!

Cheers!

Also SynGatesFan200 I can't PM so please write here.

So how did you avoid the "Bluetooth not found" problem? I have same system as you Hero VIII, 6700K etc.... Can you post a link for Rehab or just describe how you did your usb in detail.

Thank you.

Hey man! When you boot into clover, go down to "options" and choose boot in verbose mode. There you can see what is causing the problem. I actually did all the wrongs USB-wise, I installed with a USB3.0 stick on a USB drive in the front port. But it worked! Wouldn't recommend it though, i was inpatient and wanted to install it "quicker".

Take a screenshot what it says in verbose mode and I'll try to do the best I can to help you from there!

PS! As you can see from my specs, i have a similar build.

hello Mezter, thank you for your advice, I was successively install the hackintosh at first, but after I run the MultiBeast and KextBeast as the following step, I can't even reboot the system anymore!
it comes the same photo as what I had post last time, and I can't find the verbose mod....sorry.
here is my equipment.

CPU:Intel I7-6700K
MB: ASUS M8G
RAM: kinston DDR4-2133 8G*2
NO VGA card

Sorry guys, is't my first time to install hackintosh, and Skylake motherboard seems more difficult to install.
Wish you guys can help me><
BTW I am Taiwanese, sorry for my bad English.
Maybe I can use this chance to improve it!!
thank you!

Hey Stork, I used the exact same BIOS setup as you for my ASUS Z170-A. I also used a USB 2.0 thumb drive into one of the USB 2.0 ports and after using the boot flag -v without my GTX 970 and I just get a black screen after loading all the kexts from verbose mode.

I also tried using -v -f -x and -v -f -x GraphicsEnabler=No and there is still a black screen.

I also tried using -v nv_disable=1, -v -f -x nv_disable=1, and -v -f -x nv_disable=1 PCIRootUID=1&0 (seperately) with my GTX 970.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back