Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your system components now? I need more information to help you.

i dont have components yet . but I will buy the components that you suggest above except motherboard and RAM . My question, might i get a motherboard and RAM is cheaper than you suggest? If yes, what motherboard and RAM what you suggest for me?

thank's Strok

I have a similar build: Maximus VIII HERO and 6700K with an ASUS GTX 980-Ti. I've done the UniBeast part, get it into booting and then in -s mode it will come to "APPLEUSBHostResources a few times and then a prohibited sign comes and the whole text gets garbled. I already have Windows 8.1 on the SSD that I'm preparing to use for Mac as well, should I maybe choose Legacy instead of UEFI?...
No, don't use Legacy. However, you should review the sticky threads and others in the Multi Booting forum section as there is good information there.

i dont have components yet . but I will buy the components that you suggest above except motherboard and RAM . My question, might i get a motherboard and RAM is cheaper than you suggest? If yes, what motherboard and RAM what you suggest for me?...
Since I don't know what you are going to use your system for (games, video rendering, audio recording or...), I can't make a recommendation. Do you want an ATX, mATX or ITX size motherboard? Lots of choices, but I need to know your use and environment before I make any recommendations.

However, I suggest you take a look at the CustoMac recommended system builds in the tonymacx86 Buyers Guide, the link of which is at the top of this web page, next to the Home menu item. The Buyer's Guide is very useful to start looking for components to build a system.

Note that we recommend you choose you memory from the the motherboard's Memory Support List (Gigabyte) or Qualified Vendor List (ASUS).

No, don't use Legacy. However, you should review the sticky threads and others in the Multi Booting forum section as there is good information there.

Ah, sorry if i was unclear. What i mean is i Can't get to the installer, it gets stuck there with the Bluetooth-fail thing. And then i tried more do Rehabmans guide with clover and now its getting stuck on "still waiting on root decice"

Thank you!

Ah, sorry if i was unclear. What i mean is i Can't get to the installer, it gets stuck there with the Bluetooth-fail thing. And then i tried more do Rehabmans guide with clover and now its getting stuck on "still waiting on root decice"

Thank you!
The only thing I did different from the tonymacx86 Guide at this stage was when the Clover boot screen came up, I clicked on the options (the gears icon), selected the Boot Args, replaced the "nvda-drv=1 " with "nv_disable=1".

If the above doesn't work, boot into the BIOS to make sure the graphics selection is on Auto (Advanced > System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration). Shut down and remove the graphics card. Connect your monitor to one of the motherboards graphics ports. Then boot into the UniBeast installer.

One of these two methods should work for you.

BTW, make sure your BIOS is the current version. :thumbup:

Since I don't know what you are going to use your system for (games, video rendering, audio recording or...), I can't make a recommendation. Do you want an ATX, mATX or ITX size motherboard? Lots of choices, but I need to know your use and environment before I make any recommendations.

However, I suggest you take a look at the CustoMac recommended system builds in the tonymacx86 Buyers Guide, the link of which is at the top of this web page, next to the Home menu item. The Buyer's Guide is very useful to start looking for components to build a system.

Note that we recommend you choose you memory from the the motherboard's Memory Support List (Gigabyte) or Qualified Vendor List (ASUS).

Ok Thank you stork

The only thing I did different from the tonymacx86 Guide at this stage was when the Clover boot screen came up, I clicked on the options (the gears icon), selected the Boot Args, replaced the "nvda-drv=1 " with "nv_disable=1".

If the above doesn't work, boot into the BIOS to make sure the graphics selection is on Auto (Advanced > System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration). Shut down and remove the graphics card. Connect your monitor to one of the motherboards graphics ports. Then boot into the UniBeast installer.

One of these two methods should work for you.

BTW, make sure your BIOS is the current version. :thumbup:

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately I'm getting the garbled text thing after it says Bluetooth support problem, any idea what I can do?

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately I'm getting the garbled text thing after it says Bluetooth support problem, any idea what I can do?

Thanks!
Hmmm. The only thing I can think of now is to use a USB 2 thumb drive. USB 3 tend to quit the install process early. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas.

I was able to install it get into the OS X first time, after i've followed the kexbeast and multibeast guide when i reboot i get the error "Still waiting on root device"

any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks!

I was able to install it get into the OS X first time, after i've followed the kexbeast and multibeast guide when i reboot i get the error "Still waiting on root device"

any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks!

Never mind, I actually solved it and everything works smooth. Just installed Logic Pro X and Ableton and it seems to work like a charm!

Here are my benchmarks:

Screen Shot 2015-12-27 at 9.03.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-27 at 9.08.27 AM.png

If anyone has a Asus Maximus VIII Hero and is struggling, let me know, there are some things you need to do a little different than this guide.

Thank you so much man!

Never mind, I actually solved it and everything works smooth...
If anyone has a Asus Maximus VIII Hero and is struggling, let me know, there are some things you need to do a little different than this guide.

Thank you so much man!
So, don't hold back, what did you do to make your system work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back