Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can u upload ur config plist...
Done. My config.plist is attached in-line in the original post at the end of the config.plist mods steps.

n can I use this method on viii ranger...
I don't know. Why don't you just follow the tonymacx86 Clover El Capitan guide to create your own setup.

n should I need to disable pch option in bios coz u didn't mention...
If I didn't mention changing the PCH Option, it is because I didn't change it. :problem:

do I need more to patch as lyk processor etc ?
I do not understand what you are talking about. Matter-of-fact, your post was very difficult to read and understand. Please use proper grammar and punctuation in your posts and responses; if you don't, chances are people will not respond to you. I know I won't.

...I'm very interested in the GTX950 Card.
Do you know if the display ports are working? (maybe both on the same time?)...
I have not had the opportunity to test the Display Port connections since I don't have a Display Port monitor with me at the present time. I have used DVI and HDMI for using two monitors, though.

Sorry for my bad English. I want to say without change PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 entries I can't boot osx. Every time I need to disable this option then I can use osx perfectly but there is one problem if I use (PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 entries) this bios method my windows CPU temp getting higher that's y I m asking u. if I try newer bios its same getting stuck. So how u do that without changing the bios ? Do I need dsdt.aml or ssdt patch if I use your config.plist ? Because when I use 10.11.2 its not smooth that's y I m asking u this kind question .

Sorry for my bad English. I want to say without change PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 entries I can't boot osx. Every time I need to disable this option then I can use osx perfectly but there is one problem if I use (PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 entries) this bios method my windows CPU temp getting higher that's y I m asking u. if I try newer bios its same getting stuck. So how u do that without changing the bios ? Do I need dsdt.aml or ssdt patch if I use your config.plist ? Because when I use 10.11.2 its not smooth that's y I m asking u this kind question .
My BIOS does not list IOAPIC 24-119 entry under Advanced > PCH Configuration. Here is the PCH Configuration section of the GENE's User Manual.

168226-pch-configuration.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice build Stork!

Impressive benchmark. Looks like it has as much HP as a x79 6 core 3930k. If you get a PCI-E M.2 please post update. Can't wait till skylake LGA 2011 comes out.

GeekBench 32 Bit
167639-gene-geekbench-32-12-15.png

GeekBench 64 Bit
167640-gene-geekbench-64-12-15.png

167630-gene-heaven-12-15.png

167631-gene-valley-12-15.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Stork!

can i replace motherboard and RAM with another one ? please help me to choice the series i can use .
it's all about price
Tq

Hi Stork!

can i replace motherboard and RAM with another one ? please help me to choice the series i can use .
it's all about price
Tq
What are your system components now? I need more information to help you.

I have a similar build: Maximus VIII HERO and 6700K with an ASUS GTX 980-Ti. I've done the UniBeast part, get it into booting and then in -s mode it will come to "APPLEUSBHostResources a few times and then a prohibited sign comes and the whole text gets garbled. I already have Windows 8.1 on the SSD that I'm preparing to use for Mac as well, should I maybe choose Legacy instead of UEFI?

Thanks man, appreciate it!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back