Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im struggling to get Audio working on my machine. I've tried doing what it says here and re running multibeast with the appropriate drivers selected. I've tried running the Audio_CloverHDMI command. Nothing will give me any audio from anywhere. Any advice?

Did you reboot the first time you ran MultiBeast v9.1.0, then run MultiBeast again only just selecting the Z170N's audio and the 100/200 Series Audio?

I am using ur guide with iMac 14,2 as you mentioned, i noticed that with 17,1 my 6700(non-k) likes to stay at turbo more than base clock, a simple youtube 1080 video makes it turbo. I am using ssdtPRgen script's SSDT instead of ammulder's as you mentioned. With 14,2 i get much better PM, now i was wondering does your cpu ever idle @ 0.8Ghz? Mine never goes below 1.0Ghz.Is there a way to tweak a bit more? Also i was wondering are SMBIOS def related CPU architecture alone or also clock speeds? in 14,2 for an i7 config my 6700 (non-k) is the closest base and turbo with 3.4Ghz -3.8Ghz (in actual iMac14,2 its 3.4-3.9ghz). cz whenever i use iMac 17,1 in both Unibeast installation/vanilla clover installation, I don't have a satisfactory PM.

With my setup, I have a very workable system. When I set it up originally, as described, I check it with the Intel Power Gadget which I left running for a while. Looked good. So, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" prevailed.

RehabMan's NVMe Spoof Guide does require a steep learning curve, but I broke the code and you can too. Se my Gene build description for how I did it.

So, I'm expecting the last couple of items to be arrived tomorrow and I will start assembling everything. In the end I went for the Samsung 960 Evo 500 GB M.2 NMVe 2280. The problem is... the more I read your guide, the more I don't get it :)

I already created Unibeast USB Stick with the newest 10.12.5 version of Sierra. Would it be enough when I replace config.plist in EFI/EFI/Clover on a USB Stick with the one you attatched? Then, after installation of the Sierra I will have to create a spoofing SSDT using Rehabman's guide and that’s basically all?

Additional questions:
- What Mac definition should I use? iMac17,1?
- Can I use Sierra 10.12.5? I found Nvidia drivers for my EVGA GTX1070 only for 10.12.4 and no idea how to download older version of Sierra :(

Matt

Last edited:
So, I'm expecting the last couple of items to be arrived tomorrow and I will start assembling everything. In the end I went for the Samsung 960 Evo 500 GB M.2 NMVe 2280. The problem is... the more I read your guide, the more I don't get it :)...
Don't get what?! I'm not telepathic, so you need to be more specific.

...I already created Unibeast USB Stick with the newest 10.12.5 version of Sierra. Would it be enough when I replace config.plist in EFI/EFI/Clover on a USB Stick with the one you attatched? Then, after installation of the Sierra I will have to create a spoofing SSDT using Rehabman's guide and that’s basically all?...
You could try it, or replace it with RehabMan's NVMe_patches_10_12_5.plist (instead of the _10_12_4.plist in my procedures) as I describe in the Post #1 procedures. I'll update the 1st post later today. I'm at our Summer home now which only had slow DSL.

...Additional questions:
- What Mac definition should I use? iMac17,1?
- Can I use Sierra 10.12.5? I found Nvidia drivers for my EVGA GTX1070 only for 10.12.4 and no idea how to download older version of Sierra :(
I never used the iMac17,1 System Definition as it is a PITA to get/keep working. I use the default iMac14,2 on all my systems and that SysDef just works, period. See my note in Post #1 referencing pastrychef's testing of these two SysDefs.

I would not install 10.12.5 until Nvidia releases the update drivers which usually happens within 24 hours after Apple releases an update. (Olde coaches saying, "don't rush to fail.")

Thank you @Stork! Then I'll try to use RehabsMan's patch renamed to config.plist. What I did not fully understand:

- The paragraph "Making the UniBeast USB Thumb Drive" is about creation of modified config.plis that has to be swapped with original config.plis in EFI/EFI/Clover on a USB stick before installation. Can I directly replace it or does anything has to be changed in the code to match my particular installation?

- In the paragraph "Installation notes" you are writing about RehabMan's patched kext and SSDT spoofing. Do I still have to do it? It seems to be a way more complicated :)

Thank you @Stork! Then I'll try to use RehabsMan's patch renamed to config.plist....
NO! I didn't say that. I said to use RehabMan's _10_12_5.plist content like I described in my Gene build description, Post #1. (BTW, I moved your and my posts to my Gene build description thread so as not to hijack pastrychef's thread.)

...What I did not fully understand:

- The paragraph "Making the UniBeast USB Thumb Drive" is about creation of modified config.plist that has to be swapped with original config.plist in EFI/EFI/Clover on a USB stick before installation. Can I directly replace it or does anything has to be changed in the code to match my particular installation?

- In the paragraph "Installation notes" you are writing about RehabMan's patched kext and SSDT spoofing. Do I still have to do it? It seems to be a way more complicated :)
- For the UniBeast thumb drive, just replace it...when I get it modified later today. You'll know when I've updated it by looking at my Updates at the end of Post 1.

- Yes. It's not complicated, it just requires a steep learning curve. I'm not a programmer, computer IT guy, computer scientist nor a computer systems engineer, and, yet, I figured it out.

Last edited:
Updated to 10.12.5 without any problems. Here is my procedure.

:ch: If you're using a M.2 NVMe SSD like I am, then download RehabMan's latest patch-nvme script. Don't run it until after you update!

:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper.

:ch: Download the Mac App Store Software Update or Combo Update and run it to update to 10.12.5 - the updater will reboot upon completion;

:ch: Upon rebooting, the Nvidia driver will prompt you to update to the latest driver and reboot when its completed it's installation;

:ch: (Optional for M.2 NVMe SSD owners) Update your HackrNVMeFamily kext with RehabMan's patch-nvme.

Welcome to Sierra 10.12.5! :thumbup:

Audio is working fine.

RehabMan's new [Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra adds the capability to "turn on" USB charging for iDevices. Using the following config.plist mod allows my USB 3 ports to charge my iPhone.

The following is taken from RehabMan's Guide. Note: I'm using the iMac14,2 System Definition which is defined in Apple's /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/Info.plist. Again see RehabMan's guide for understanding what you'll have to do in addition if your SysDef is not in the supported list. iMac15,2 SysDef and earlier are supported while iMac16,x, iMac17,x and non of the Mac Pro SysDefs are in the list. So, you'll have to see RehabMan's guide for what to do.

In IORegistryExplorer v2.1, here's where we discover that EC0 needs to be changed to EC. (See RehabMan's Guide for more information.)
ec0-in-ioregistryexplorer-png.257042

Since I'm using the iMac14,2 SysDef, we can make the simple config.plist addition. In PlistEditPro or Xcode, add the following to the config.plist in ACPI > DSDT > Patches:
config.plist EC0 to EC patch.png

Or in a text editor (not recommend as it is too easy to screw up the formatting):
Code:
<key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Debug</key>
            <false/>
            <key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Patches</key>
            <array>
                <dict>