i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
EC0 to EC1 did the job. What's that?!

Ok. Will I loose my data or it can be don overwriting current installation?

EC is something to do with power management. It was needed for Catalina to boot.

You won't lose your data but you will need to backup your Clover's EFI folder as OC will completely replace it.

The only thing you will need to change is the SMBIOS information. That's easy as you can copy/paste from Clover's config.plist to OpenCore config.plist.

Keep in mind that OC is in beta stage and OC configurator isn't finished yet. However, it's been stable since version .50. I think you should wait a bit until OC and OC configurator are officially released -or- Clover starts to have problems with kexts from OpenCore group. Editing OC's config.plist is not easy without the configurator and I have to use Plist Editor.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus MAXIMUS VIII GENE
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
MSI Radeon 560 ITX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Keep in mind that OC is in beta stage and OC configurator isn't finished yet. However, it's been stable since version .50. I think you should wait a bit until OC and OC configurator are officially released -or- Clover starts to have problems with kexts from OpenCore group. Editing OC's config.plist is not easy without the configurator and I have to use Plist Editor.

Agree!

Clover starts to have problems with kexts from OpenCore group

Why are you predicting it? Is there any news about it? Point me plz to that if so

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus Gene VIII
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Why are you predicting it? Is there any news about it? Point me plz to that if so

I cannot find the source but PastryChef wrote this...
One thing to keep I mind is that the guys at Acidanthera will no longer verify VirtualSMC for Clover compatibility moving forward.
Well it makes sense and why would OC team want to support Clover when OC already have their own tools.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490 Creator
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@remington and @vrudikov

I can move/create a new thread for your posts in this thread if you desire. Then, you can carry on with your conversations on OpenCorre.

Motherboard
Asus MAXIMUS VIII GENE
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
MSI Radeon 560 ITX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@remington and @vrudikov

I can move/create a new thread for your posts in this thread if you desire. Then, you can carry on with your conversations on OpenCorre.

Hmmm! That's a good idea I think, but can you repeat in my topic the right question/answer order?

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus Gene VIII
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

I will create a thread and let you know when or if you can move all the opencore discussions over there. I have flight to catch today so I don't have time right now.

Thanks

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490 Creator
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hmmm! That's a good idea I think, but can you repeat in my topic the right question/answer order?
Yes. The posts' dates drive the order, just like in this thread, oldest to newest.
I will create a thread and let you know when or if you can move all the opencore discussions over there. I have flight to catch today so I don't have time right now.

Thanks
OK.

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Stork - will you now be providing any tips for updating to Catalina since I know you like to wait until .3...? Thanks!

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490 Creator
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Stork - will you now be providing any tips for updating to Catalina since I know you like to wait until .3...? Thanks!
Well...yes. But, not for a few days. I'm waiting for MultiBeast for Catalina to get out of testing. (Long story short, Apple has changed the security for non Apple kexts/drivers and apps. Catalina requires all apps, etc., get approved by Apple and accessible through the Apple Mac App Store.)